7

-Elizabeth's POV-

I was drawing in class, not caring about the subject we were talking about. Fighting tactics.

"-ncess Elizabeth, are you paying attention?" The teacher asked, now taking my sketchbook from me. I looked up at her, blushing slightly in embarrassment.

"Y-yes?"

"Then what tactic did the humans do to not be killed by demons 200 years ago?"

"Umm... the-"

"They had a look out at all times and if that person saw a demon, it informed all the villagers. They all hid at a special meeting place a bit from their villages, like in a cave or something, for the village to look abandoned and the demons left. That was however not that safe as they could just be met by either new creatures or not be there in time, which could danger everyone's safety. About only a year after it started, the demons started looking around the villages too and always found the people to execute them."

"Thank you Meriodasu, but it was princess Elizabeth's thing to answer."

"She was so slow, I had to answer." He spoke back to the teacher. She just ignored the comment, walked back in front to teach and I gave Meriodasu a small smile as he looked back at me.

Meriodasu has gotten quite the reputation in school these past few weeks he has been here. He's known to already know about the most things and an excellent fighter. He would have been bumped up a couple grades if it wasn't for his magic classes. He can't even use ark or heal anyone, which is the classes I'm best in.

He is also well known for never listening to the teachers. He never cares of what they say. Like if he is told to be quiet, he won't be. If he's told to not speak out without being told to, he does it either way.

We have also become really good friends. We doesn't spend much time with each other after school, but he's always spending time with me at the school days. We eat together, we talk about so much and he always saves me when I space out at the lessons.

Some people even think we have a thing for each other, which we don't have! But I can kinda understand that they think. Everyone knows Mael is my bodyguard and has to be close with me, Jelamet and I don't have as much contact anymore since the argument and I don't really have any other friends.

Besides, he's a boy, I'm a girl and we spend so much time together, so I guess everyone is expecting us to get together... because so many peoppe has seen us alone together after we snuck away from Mael.

"Now, let's move on to the next tactic..." The teacher spoke and I actually started listening to not get in trouble.

. . . . .

I went out of the classroom, only to be met by Mael, who had crossed arms.

"Elizabeth, you have to take your studies seriously." He said. I sighed, saying "I do, I do... I just don't count fighting as studies..."

"But you better do. It's weekend tomorrow, your mother is expecting you to be able to tell her what you have learnt."

"I know, I know... I will just... ask if I can study with someone today..."

His arms dropped to his sides as he said "Elizabeth, you know I don't like being your bodyguard, but if you don't learn how to defend yourself, then I have t-"

"Your knight in shining armour is here to take you away from boring lectures." Meriodasu said, grabbing my arm and pulling me away from Mael. I smiled, happily walking with Meriodasu as he let go of my arm.

Mael quickly caught up to us, walking on the other side of me. I just felt uncomfortable as they glared at each other.

"Elizabeth can't leave without me, I'm her bodyguard."

"I have a good idea, consider me her second bodyguard and you can leave her with me. Easy."

"I have an even better idea, you leave her alone."

"And I have the best idea! You both be quiet and get along." I groaned as we walked to the cafeteria to get some food.

We went to sit down, Meriodasu and Mael both sitting in front of me and glaring at each other then and then.

"So... Meriodasu, you know everything we are learning in class, right? Can you maybe... teach me after school?"  I asked, giving him the puppy eyes, even tho he never says yes to them.

"What do I get out of it?"

"She's the princess! That's no way of talking to her!"

"I speak to her in whatever way I want!"

"Calm down you two! Meriodasu, please can you teach me?" I asked and he turned back to me, leaning on his palm as he asked "What is it in for me now again?"

"Ummm... I guess I can pay you money?"

"Hmmm, I don't know... how much?"

"I don't know, how much do you want?"

"Well, you are the princess, so you are quite rich, aren't you?"

"Maybe I am? Maybe I'm not?" I replied, giving him a small smirk back. He just turned to look at his nails on his hand he wasn't leaning against and said "I guess you are, so what about... a hundred gold coins for each time?"

"Are you trying to rob her?! Do you have any idea how much money that is?!" Mael snapped at Meriodasu, who only shrugged.

"Yes or no?"

"Lower the price."

"75 gold coins."

"Lower."

"No."

"Lower."

"No."

"Lower." I continued demanding, but he just responded with "Give me 75 gold coins each time or your mommy will get a little angry at you. Whae whae."

Those baby cries he made at the end pissed me off and I said "50 gold coins each time or nothing at all."

"Fine, but only because I want more money." He said and we all continued eating.

(Hi, I hope you liked this chapter. Is there anyone that has any ideas for what Meliodas and Elizabeth can do to get to know each other a little better or spend time together?)