9

-Meliodas' POV-

"You can't be serious!"

"That's what's written."

"I'm gonna be his bodyguard until she's back?! Give me a break!"

"For once, I agree with that human minded goddess! I don't need a bodyguard and certainly not him!"

"Princess Elizabeth wrote it here and clearly explained it to me before leaving. Meriodasu is going to be your bodyguard for you to learn to tolerate Meriodasu better and to make you understand how you being her bodyguard makes her feel." The principal said to Mael. Then she turned to me, saying "Meriodasu, you will be Mael's bodyguard and report everything important Mael is doing to princess Elizabeth when she's back. This is going to teach you how to tolerate Mael and also how to follow orders and use manners better."

"This is ridiculous! I don't need manners or follow orders! I give the orders! You clearly don't know who I am! I'm the first born- goddess in the human realm."

Fuck, I nearly slipped. I have to be more careful at my outbursts...

. . . . .

I laid in the couch in the princess and archangel's dorm, waiting for him to come out so I can babysit him.

I hate Elizabeth for this. Any other punishment could have been better. Not to mention that I have to get to my room to talk to father soon. I need to come up with an excuse.

-Elizabeth's POV-

I wonder how it's going for Meriodasu and Mael... They should have gotten their punishment by now...

Walking inside the castle, I was greeted by mother sitting in her throne.

"Elizabeth, welcome home."

"Thank you mother." I said and bowed my head. I walked closer, listening to her when she spoke "I want you to tell me everything you have learned at dinner. For now, go to your room and make yourself ready for your princess duties."

With a nod, I left mother to continue with her work, with other words, talking about the war with people.

. . . . .

"Mother." I said, sitting down at the dinning table.

"Elizabeth, now tell me how your month has been."

"It has been interesting..."

"Tell me more. Are you finally responsible enough to take studying seriously?"

I sighed, saying "Mother, you know very well that I don't like fighting..."

"Elizabeth, you have to stop this foolish behavior. It will kill you."

I kept quiet, staring down at my food. I hate mother for making me do this...

"You have learned nothing again, I assume?"

"I have..." I mumbled, then looking up at mother. She stared at me as I said a little louder "I have gotten better at sword fighting and I know the basics of war history now. I also improved in all other classes too."

"Hmmmm, really? How come?"

"A new student, Meriodasu, has been kind enough to teach me..."

"A friend?"

"No, just nee student... he demands to get paid for his help, so can you... um... give me money to pay him?"

"If you're really learning, I guess I can accept it. However, I want you to at least be among the best students in one of your classes until next month or I will no longer pay."

"Thank you mother." I mumbled, bowing my head and continuing to eat.

. . . . .

I was sitting quietly beside mother at the table, watching Ludociel, mother, Jelamet and a few others talk about the war.

"The filthy demon Meliodas has not been seen in battle in a while and the demon clan hasn't been attacking anyone." Jelamet said, the others nodding.

"This could be our chance to attack." Ludociel spoke, only for Sariel to say "What if it's a trap?"

The two started arguing, some joining Ludociel's side while the others was on Sariel's side. Everyone became quiet when mother spoke up "Quiet. Since this is a good opportunity for my daughter to learn, she will decide what to do."

I looked at mother before back to everyone else "I... Ummm... I think we wait until further information is given. The risk of it being a trap is too great."

Everyone nodded except Ludociel "Pardon me, Princess Elizabeth, but we have to attack now. We have gotten the chance when the demons might be weak, we have the chance to end the war!"

"Ludociel, you heard my daughter."

Ludociel looked at mother, nodding "Of course..."

. . . . .

I sighed, arriving at school again. The weekend has been very exhausting with all the new experiences and mother.

Walking inside my dorm, I saw Meriodasu laying in the couch with Mael nowhere in sight. Meriodasu turned his gaze towards me, away from the book he was reading.

"Hi..." I said awkwardly, waving. He threw the book to the other side of the couch, getting up and stomping over to me.

He seemed angry... and it scared me...

Grabbing my chin, he forced me to look into his furious eyes while saying "Princess, don't you dare do this to me again."

His voice sent chills down my spine as he continued "I will make sure you regret it."

That's when the door to Mael's room slammed open as he said "I heard princess Elizabeth's voice."

Meriodasu pushed me away, saying "I need a rest from him."

Walking away, he bumped into me, pushing something in my hand before walking out of the dorm.

"Hey! Don't disrespect princess Elizabeth!" as Meriodasu left. I looked at Mael, who now looked at me.

"How was your journey?"

"I'm tired... I think I will go to bed..." I told him, smiling and walking into my room. I fell into bed, opening my hand with a small piece of paper in it.

I unfolded the paper to see Meriodasu's handwriting.

"Old theatre at midnight, alone"

He seemed upset before... Is this bad?