23

-Meliodas' POV-

I slashed my sword to the left, but immediately regretted it as Elizabeth fell onto the ground with a groan.

"Are you okay?!" I asked, throwing my sword away and kneeling down in front of her. She nodded, saying "I'm fine. I just hurt my ankle a little. Let me just heal it and we can continue."

I watched as she healed her ankle. I can't believe I hurt her... I didn't even hit her that hard...

"I think you should train your stances again... We can continue sparring another time..."

I don't want to hurt her again... it makes me feel guilty and I don't like that. She's so weak...

-Zeldoris' POV-

I sighed as I stood outside Gelda's door. Then I finally knocked and spoke "Gelda?"

No answer... that's weird, it's very late by now, she should be here.

"Gelda?" I asked again, knocking a little harder. Once again, no answer. Getting a little worried, I said "I'm coming in!"

With that, I opened the door to see Gelda laying on her stomach and reading a book in her bed. I closed the door, asking "Why didn't you answer me?"

"Get out."

"No." I said, walking up and taking the book from her. She got up from her bed, saying "Give me my book and get out!"

"Quiet down, someone will hear us..."

"I hope they do, you better get out right now Zeldoris!"

"Why are you so angry at me? What did I do?" I asked, closing and putting down her book on her small desk. She glared at me, the chilling glare that will forever give me goosebumps and unease.

"How dare you even asking that?! Isn't it obvious how you're treating me?!"

"Gelda, I don't understand, I-"

She suddenly slapped me in the face, saying "Get out!"

"No, as the prince and current leader of the commandments, I command you to speak of what I did to upset you!" I said, using my authority to force an answer out of her.

I never done this before, I don't know if it will work on her nor how she will react, but I need to do this. I need to know what I did to upset her this time.

"You are never with me anymore! I go to you, but you just push me away and act all cold. I know our relationship is secret and no one can know about it, but you don't have to act this cold to me! I'm tired of you treating me like this! Do you even love me? It certainly doesn't seem like it!"

I was at a loss for words. I never imagined her feeling this...

"Gelda, I-"

-Elizabeth's POV-

"Move your right foot a little bit." Meriodasu said while we were training. I did as he told me and I slashed my sword in the air again.

Meriodasu sighed, saying "That's enough. Let's take a pause."

I nodded, going to sit beside him on the floor of the theatre we were at. He stared out at the sky and I looked where he looked.

"What's bothering you?"

"Nothing."

"What was it I said when we were on our way back from the fairy King's forest?"

"It was two months ago, how am I supposed to remember?"

"I told you you should tell me if something is bothering you."

"NOTHING! Nothing is bothering me!" He busted out, making me a little shocked. He never done that before...

"Sorry..." I mumbled, looking away. We sat in silence a while before he mumbled "I'm just confused... I shouldn't have yelled at you."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, it's not important. What is important is that you can defend yourself in case something would happen. Let's continue training."

. . . . .

"Where's Meriodasu?" I asked, sitting and staring at the floor. Mael just shrugged, asking "Who cares?"

"I do." I mumbled. Mael really dislikes Meriodasu. I thought they might become better friends over time, but it's nearly worse than the first couple weeks.

"I hope he will go to the war, then I don't have to see him in some time."

"Mael! That's cruel of you to say! The warfield is dangerous!"

He grunted, saying "Of course I know that."

It became silent as we just waited for the announcement. We would get to know who would join the war next. We have these announcements every month. Even though people rarely get picked since only a few is dying, it's still as nerverecking every time.

"Elizabeth!" I heard as someone ran up to me. The person being Meriodasu. I hugged him, saying "You are nearly late!"

"Sorry, I had something important to take care of." He said, then looking in front and asking "Has it started yet?"

"No, it's starting now." I mumbled as I saw Jelamet and Nerobasta fly over the crowd on the training ground. All the students in the whole school was here...

"Quiet down everyone!" Nerobasta said, making the crowd become silent. Then she continued "This month, a lot of soldiers will be recruited. If you hear your name, step out of the crowd and gather behind Jelamet."

Jelamet soon stepped up and counted up names... a lot more than usually...

"- Meriodasu-"

Meriodasu flew away, not saying bye or anything. We all knew he would join soon, so it wasn't a surprise.

"- Mael-"

Mael looked shocked for a second before he flew to the crowd too. It was shocking, why would he be chosen? He's my bodyguard...

"- Elizabeth-"

What? I'm joining the war? But I'm not even close to being one of the best students... It's too early... I wasn't informed, I'm not prepared...

I'm gonna die...