6

-Elizabeth's POV-

I was just about to knock at yet another dorm when the door opened.

"Meriodasu! I have looked for you everywhere!" I said as he stepped out and closed the door behind himself.

"Why? How did you know where my dorm was?"

"You should only know what trouble I went through to find it. I have been knocking on doors and apologising to people the last half hour while looking for you!"

"That's only stupid. You could just have gone to the principal and ask." He spoke, already walking as we followed. I groaned, asking "Will you ever stop these comments?!"

"Nope. Sorry princess, but I can't care less about your position."

I rolled my eyes as Mael said "More importantly, why were your room dark?"

"I just like to sleep in a dark room, does it matter to you?"

"Why was it dark when we came then?"

"Because I'm too lazy to put it down, don't put your nose in my business." Meriodasu spoke, turning a corner.

"Where are you going?" I asked, noticing that we are walking the wrong way.

"Outside. I need some air..."

"We came to ask if you wanted to eat dinner with us... Do you want to?" I asked as we came outside. He turned to look at me, then behind me at Mael.

"You know what princess?" He asked, taking a step closer. I backed with one leg, asking "What?"

"I'm not good with many people." He said and the next second, he and I was in the air as Mael chased us, yelling at Meriodasu to let go of my hand.

As I progressed what just happened, I flew with Meriodasu away from Mael. We flew down into town and turned corners all the time until we finally lost Mael.

That's when we landed and started laughing. Meriodasu looked at me, asking "Where do you think he is going now?"

"I have no idea... probably to eat somewhere since he was the one who told me it was time to eat..."

"He sounds so controlling. Seriously." Meriodasu said, looking around at where we were. I just defended Mael by saying "He's just looking out for me! That's his job and if he can't do that, he might get a punishment from my mother."

"Yeah, but he doesn't need to be with you when I am. It's not like I'm gonna hurt you, princess."

"He doesn't know you much. No one does, so I do understand him." I replied. He looked at me, dramatically asking "You don't trust me?!" as he lightly hit his chest with his fist, gasping.

I just laughed, saying "Yes I do! You are my friend, remember? Friends trust each other."

"Yeah, but that bodyguard of yours and I aren't friends, so he doesn't trust me. I don't even think he likes me."

"Just wa-"

"Hey! You short boy!" An old man yelled and Meriodasu turned around to look at the waving man.

"Old man! What do you want this time?!"

"Come here and give me another hand!"

Meriodasu walked over and I followed, feeling slightly like an outcast. Did those two know each other from before?

"Do you want to earn some more money? I need all these boxes to be moved to the same place as last time and you do it so fast."

"Hmmm... sure... I guess..." He spoke, then looked at me, saying "If you don't mind."

The old man looked at me, asking "Princess, aren't you?"

I nodded, feeling a bit embarrassed for only being known for that. Meriodasu then turned back to the man, saying "I'm doing it."

"Great. It's only 3 boxes now, think you can take them all?"

"Definitely!" Meriodasu spoke and the old man immediately gave him boxes nearly as big as him. Meriodasu seemed to take it with ease though as he had one box on each arm and one on top of the two like a bridge above his head.

They started walking and had some small talk while I walked behind. Meriodasu was his normal, prideful self and the man was exactly the same towards him. It was nearly funny how alike they were...

. . . . .

Meriodasu and I was sitting in the school's food supply room, eating fruit and talking. It was dark and nearly impossible to see, which I didn't like since I have always been scared of the dark. I felt safe near Meriodasu though.

"We say there wasn't a war then and you wasn't born a princess, what would you want to grow up to? Is it something you would want to do?"

"Ummm... I think I would like to travel around Britannia, make a lot of friends, try doing new stuff, try new food and experience love... It would also be nice and settle down and get kids together when I have seen everything." I answered, only to ask "What about you? What would you like to do in the future if there wasn't any war?"

"I never thought about it, but I guess just settle down and live my life... Oh, and I will make my own ale collection. I will gather at least one bottle of every ale in existence and then drink myself to death when I feel like I no longer has a purpose to live."

"Purpose to live? What's your purpose now then?"

"Engaging myself in the war. I'm gonna fight to my last breath if that's what it takes."

I nodded, saying "You're so depressing. Serve in the war? Drink yourself to death? Seriously?"

"Yeah... I just don't see any reason to live if it's peace... You don't have to fight to survive, so what's the point in living when you don't fight for it? Why living if you can't prove you deserve it?"

"No, you can't think like that. We have to do something about it." I said, getting up from my seat and finding my way to sit down beside him.

"Now, wouldn't you want to have children and grandchildren? Wouldn't you want to find someone to love and care for? Someone that loves and cares for you? Don't you want..." Then I started trying to convince him about less depressing stuff.