17

-Elizabeth's POV-

I stared at Meriodasu drinking his hundredth mug of ale. My body felt warm and I know I was blushing madly.

Escanor gave me yet another mug of wine, asking "Are you feeling well miss? You have had a lot of alcohol for a first time."

"I'm fineee~ Meriodasu hae had e-even more than me~"

"Meriodasu, I think you should take her home now." Escanor said, making Meriodasu stop drinking and look at me.

"Nah, she looks fine."

"So do you~ Even handsome~"

I saw him smirk, saying "Of course I am, princess."

I giggled, saying "Meriodasu, I don't know for sure~ But I think I love you~"

"Okay, you're really drunk, miss. You have to leave." Escanor told me, but I just shrugged and said "Nahhh~I wanna watch Meri~ Drink. It's- h-hot."

Meriodasu stood up, saying "Okay Elizabeth, let's go. You've had enough."

"But Mmmeru-"

He grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the bar. I just followed out, but he pinned me to the mountain wall.

"Hmmm, so you like me?" He asked. I nodded, staring at his lips.

He noticed and smirked, asking "So you trust me?"

Nodding, I mumbled "Meriosa, I, ugh, I do~."

He sighed and let go of me, saying "I can't talk to you when you're so drunk. I can barely make out what you say now."

I hugged him, closing my eyes as I put my head on his shoulder.

"Can you fly?" He whispered and I mumbled "Offfffff~ corse I- Yeah-"

"You obviously can't." He whispered, sighing as he picked me up and immediately took off.

. . . . .

I hugged whatever I was hugging a little tighter, but was surprised when whatever I was hugging brushed some hair out of my face.

Slowly opening my eyes, I saw Meriodasu staring at my face. I let him go immediately, saying "S-Sorry. W-what're you doing h-here?"

He sat up and stretched, saying "You wouldn't let go of me last night when I put you to bed."

"S-sorry... I don't really remember much of last night..." I mumbled. He looked at me, suddenly on top of me and pinning me to bed.

"You don't, huh? I can say you told me a lot yesterday."

I stared up at him, blushing as I asked "Like... what?"

"Like, you think I'm handsome."

I looked away, saying "Maybe..."

"And that you're in love with me." He said, grabbing my chin with his fingers and making me look back at me.

"I wanna hear you say it when you're sober."

"I... I am..."

"Say the words."

"Meriodasu, don't make me."

"Say it."

"I..." I sighed, finally saying "I love you."

His smirk just widened as he mumbled "Let's get together then, princess."

I stared at him, asking "What?"

"Let's get together. I will be your boyfriend."

I blushed and nodded, saying "Okay..."

His hand reached towards my cheek, stroking it slightly "Great... So you trust me?"

I nodded, saying "Of course."

"Then tell me what's been bothering you lately, I know something is wrong."

-Meliodas' POV-

I let her hug me, stroking her hair. Pretending to be in love with her is the best decision I ever made. Half of her stupid venting has been useful information...

"Hmmm... I will always be here for you..." I whispered to her, acting as if I cared. I do care about her, she valuable, her information is important... but I don't like her.

She's just for information and time pass.

"Thank you..." She mumbled, closing her eyes as she just snuggled up on my chest in the bed. Acting like I care is quite annoying, but it will be over soon...

"Meriodasu?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you scared of demons? Or dispise them?"

"Of course. Don't everyone?" I lied, laughing a little. She was quiet, soon saying "I don't... I mean, they're scary... I have heard of how ruthless and horrible they are, especially the princes... but I don't hate them... I don't think they're evil..."

"You don't?" I asked, actually being surprised by her answer. I would never think that the princess of goddesses would care about demons like me...

"No... Everyone, even goddesses, has to be horrible during war... I don't think it's fair only the demons are told they are when everyone is."

I laughed, saying "But some demons really are horrible and fearsome. Like Meliodas, the strongest demon of them all apart from the demon king."

"Have you met him?" She asked, looking up at me. I laughed, saying "Of course not. No one survives a fight with him!"

"Then how do you know he is like that?" She asked, drawing circles on my chest with her finger. I became quiet, mumbling "That's just what I've heard..."

"I don't think he is like that..."

She never stops surprising me... Liking demons? Who would have thought! But it doesn't matter. She will realize how wrong she was about me when I kill her by my own two hands.

She won't see it coming... I can't wait than to see her expression when she's betrayed by me. See her hopeful and happy face turn to a cry and become numb. To see her not just suffering physically by me, but emotionally too... That's what goddesses deserves.

"Elizabeth!" A voice was heard as she shot up from bed. Mael ran inside, asking "What're you two doing?! Elizabeth, you missed the first three lessons today! Why're you skipping!"

"I'm sorry Mael, I just-"

"And what is he doing here?!" Mael asked, glaring at me. I shrugged, asking "What's so wrong about being with my girlfriend?"

My hand went around Elizabeth's waist and I saw his gaze turn even more angrier than before. He was furious now.

I kissed Elizabeth's cheek to piss him off even more, saying "It must be lunch about now... Let's go and eat together."

She just blushed and nodded as Mael started yelling at us both.