72

Coming out of the convalescent room again, Zhai Chi was still holding Yu Jiu's hand.

Yu Jiu tilted her head and asked him, "What did you tell him when you came up earlier?"

Why did the old man look relieved when he saw him?

Yu Jiu also met old man Zhai before, as Zhai Chi's childhood friend.

At that time, in the eyes of the old man, he was at best a neighbor's kid who was qualified to play with his grandson. Although he didn't treat him coldly, his attitude was not amiable either.

Zhai Chi said: "I didn't say anything, just tell the truth."

"..."

The truth is, he is Zhai Chi's omega.

And he is Bi Nanqing's son.

Mr. Zhai recognized him. There was a reason why Zhai Chi recognized him, and there was also a reason why they were "well-matched".

This kind of so-and-so's son, like an accessory, made Yu Jiu very repulsed before, but he had to admit that this identity brought him a lot of convenience.

Before he grows up, it doesn't seem to be a shame to make effective use of the convenience his father gave him.

Thinking about it, he turned his head and looked at Zhai Wei.

Different from the calmness of the two of them, this thirteen-year-old boy couldn't hide his emotions, with sadness and complexity written all over his face.

Five years ago, he witnessed the old man's indifference to his own sister in the hospital. He was both scared and resentful, so he desperately wanted to get rid of the "arrangement" given to him by his parents.

However, the person who made him resentful is already lying on the hospital bed, and he may run out of oil at any time, but he is not as relaxed and happy as he imagined, and his heart is stuffy, and he can't tell what it feels like.

Except for people like the old man, no one can remain indifferent when witnessing death.

When going down the stairs, Zhai Wei clenched his hands tightly and said suddenly: "Brother, my dad took it from you... I, I will return it to you."

Zhai Chi: "..."

The two of them paused as they descended the stairs, and then turned their heads at the same time.

Zhai Wei immediately panicked: "I, I don't have it now, I will... later..."

He stopped halfway through the speech.

The boy suddenly questioned himself.

He is still relying on others to go to school now, will he really be able to pay back the things his parents owe in the future?

Zhai Chi raised his hand suddenly and gave him a shudder, "What? Do you really want me to kill your sister?"

Zhai Wei's eyes widened instantly: "...Yes, I didn't mean that, I..."

"If you really want to pay me back." Zhai Chi said: "Then work hard to grow up and don't let your sister down."

"..."

Uncle Zhai is still waiting downstairs, and now he doesn't even have the courage to face his parents.

Zhai Wei clenched his fists and looked downstairs, as if he had made a decision, his eyes gradually became firmer.

In the end, Zhai Wei still didn't admit to going back to Zhai's house. On the second day after returning to Zhai's house, he bought a plane ticket and flew back to China.