42

A thoughtless text message made the atmosphere stagnate for a moment.

Yu Jiu stared back at her book as if nothing had happened.

He didn't mean to see it.

Zhai Chi didn't speak. The moment he saw the text message, he frowned inaudibly, picked up the phone and looked at it for a while, but he didn't reply, and directly pressed the lock screen.

After a moment of silence, Zhai Chi said, "My cousin."

Yu Jiu: "..."

The attention that could not be concentrated in the first place is easily taken away.

"Cousin? Di Ming?"

Zhai Ming is the son of Zhai Chi's uncle, who met him a few times when he was a child, but Yu Jiu didn't have a deep impression on him.

But Zhai Chi shook his head and said, "It's not him, it's my uncle's son."

After a short pause, Zhai Chi added, "The illegitimate child is not surnamed Zhai either."

"..."

Zhai Chi's uncle is a person with a disordered private life. Thanks to his wealthy family, he has countless lovers outside, and of course there are also many illegitimate children.

Many people dreamed that their mother would marry into a wealthy family based on their son's value, and they voluntarily slept in Uncle Zhai's bed.

Mr. Zhai didn't stop him from this, as long as Uncle Zhai didn't bring people home, he wouldn't care what he did outside. The only thing was that the child he gave birth to was not allowed to go back to Zhai's family.

There are a few illegitimate children who are not reconciled, and have no way to go with Uncle Zhai, so they put their ideas on Zhai Chi, intending to take advantage of their age to build a good relationship with Zhai Chi, and go to Zhai's house to "be a guest" at the right time .

These illegitimate children, of course, failed in the end.

In addition, there are also people who are more self-aware.

Zhai Chi has a cousin who is seven or eight years older than him and is Uncle Zhai's first child.

The firstborn is always a bit different. Uncle Zhai really wanted to recognize him back to the Zhai family, and secretly took him back, saying that he had found a tutor for Zhai Chi.

He wanted the siblings to establish a good relationship first.

But the cousin didn't play cards according to common sense, so the tutor had a showdown with Zhai Chi on the first day.

She said: "I came to teach you because I couldn't hold back my parents. I am your uncle's illegitimate daughter. If you mind, you can fire me."

For Zhai Chi, tutoring is not necessary at all. When he was a child, he didn't understand the lives of adults, and only heard that he was his uncle's child, so Zhai Chi left him without taking it seriously.

After attending classes for a few days, Zhai Chi discovered that his cousin had real talents, so he dragged Yu Jiu to attend the class together.

During that time, several people got along quite happily.

It's just that the good times didn't last long, Mr. Zhai discovered Uncle Zhai's little thought and kicked his cousin out.

Yu Jiu never saw that cousin at Zhai Chi's house again, nor did she meet anyone with "unknown origin" around Zhai Chi.

This shows the attitude of Mr. Zhai towards the illegitimate child.

As he grows up, Zhai Chi should also understand what it means to have an illegitimate child, which means a betrayal of the family.