"If it feels like love, then it must be love."

~~~

Voices. I heard voices. Everything was dark. My head was pounding. I forced my eyes open. The first thing I saw was a bright light above me.

I was still alive.

I looked around and saw Alex. She was talking to Amy. I sat up slowly, feeling my body ache as I did.

"Alex, she's awake." Amy smacked Alex in the arm to get her attention.

"Alex? Amy?" I said, voice groggy. "What happened?"

Their faces were filled with joy as they raced to my side.

"Emery, you're awake." Alex smiled brightly at me.

Amy's eyes were filled with tears as she stared down at me. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"Hey, I'm okay." I smiled. "See, I'm alive?"

"I'm so sorry we weren't here for you. We got your letters." She told me.

I felt my own eyes fill with tears at how distraut they had seemed over all of this. At all the pain I caused them by attempting to take my own life. I tried to kill their best friend.

The door opened making all our heads turn towards it. Louis walked in. My heart stopped. He was here.

Alex looked between us and stood up, grabbing Amy's hand. "Let's go get a snack Ams."

The two girls left the room, leaving Louis and I alone. I suddenly remembered that he most likely heard my voicemail and read my letter. Which means he knows that I love you. He stepped further into the room, shutting the door. He walked over to my bed, and I took in his appearance. He was wearing a grey t shirt and a pair of black jeans. I noticed his eyes were red and glassy. Like he'd been crying.

"Hi," I croaked, my voice still adjusting after had being asleep.

He sat on the bed beside me, lifting his hand up to my cheek and cupping it. Tears brimmed my eyes as I leaned into his touch. It felt just as I had remembered. 

"Hi baby," He spoke softly, smiling down at me fondly.

I don't know why he was being nice to me right now after everything I put him through. 

"I'm sorry, Louis." My lip quivered. 

He shook his head, bringing his forehead down to press against mine. "Don't be sorry. I'm just glad you're alive."

I laughed. "I'm guessing you read my letter." 

He smiled and closed the gap between us, kissing me softly while holding my face in his hands. "I love you too." He mumbled against my lips.

My heart stopped beating and my lips froze against his. "Y-you do?"

He chuckled and pecked my lips again. "Yes. I love you Emery."

"I love you too." I grinned against his lips. 

He pulled away and got up off the bed. "You get to go home today."

"Really?" I said happily.

I couldn't stand hospitals. 

"Mhm...you've been here for a few days." He told me. 

I pulled the covers off of me and took a step towards him. My legs felt shaky and weak from being in bed. He held out my clothes for me, a new pair of clothes. I wondered what they did with the clothes I was wearing when everything happened. 

"Thanks." I said as I took the pile from his hands. 

After I had finished changing they discharged me. Louis drove me home, insisting that everyone else ride in a separate car and only he ride with me so I don't feel too overwhelmed with all the attention. When we got home the girls ordered pizza and Amy thought it would be a good idea for us all to just chill and watch movies together. I agreed.

So now, I sat curled into Louis' side, with my legs thrown over his lap and his arm around me. His thumb rubbed my arm gently as a form of comfort.

"I love you." I whispered as I nuzzled against his neck, placing a kiss on it.

"I love you too, love." He kissed the top of my head.

I looked around the room seeing everyone I cared about all here together. They all looked happy. That was enough for me. Maybe I just need to find the small things in life that make me happy. I won't be giving up as easy this time.

When the movie ended we all got ready for bed. Everyone wanted to stay the night so we could all be together. We set up a bed on the floor in the living room for Zayn and Niall while the rest of us slept with our partners.

I changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top and slid into my bed as I watched Louis take his shirt off and change into a pair of sweats of his I kept in my room. He soon joined me in the bed, immediately grabbing my waist and yanking me against him.

His nose brushed against mine as he held me close to him, our chest pressed against each other completely.

"I want you to be mine. Officially." He said, blue eyes looking open and vulnerable.

My heart warmed at his words. He wanted me to be his. No more wondering what we really meant to each other. No more making stupid mistakes like sleeping with other people. We could finally be together.

"I want that too." I smiled, rubbing my thumb over his cheek.

He closed the gap between us, kissing me. This kiss was different, it was full of lust and passion. His hands moved to hold my waist under my shirt, feeling his fingers dig into my skin as I crawled on top of him.

I craved him, more than I ever have before. The need for his skin against mine was strong as I grinned against him through the fabric of his sweats. I leaned down and kissed him, letting him slip his tongue into my mouth.

"Louis," I whined, just wanting him to touch me already.

"Babe, you just got out of the hospital." he said, not wanting to hurt me.

I rolled my eyes. "Lou, please, I'm fine."

He pulled my hips down harder against him and let out a throaty groan.

"I won't have sex with you tonight. But we can try something else." He pecked my lips.

I grinned in satisfaction.

~~~
a/n:
smut chapter next?