I find Louis sitting underneath a tree in the driveway, beer in his hand. I walk towards him, which he notices and rolls his eyes.

"What do you want?" He asks taking another drink.

I sit beside him, taking a drink of my own beer.

"Just wanted to look at the stars." I lie.

He doesn't say anything and just continues drinking. He lights a cigarette, leaning back on the tree.

"Why are you still here?" He asks.

"Because," I say. "I don't believe you did all that because you felt bad. You told me you had a change of heart about me. Was that just a lie too?"

"Emery, I don't like you and I haven't since we met." He says coldly.

I force down any sadness that gives me.

"I don't believe you." I shake my head. "If it was just out of pity you wouldn't have done it that long."

"I don't know what you're trying to do but it's not working." He says sitting up and putting out his cigarette.

I huff in annoyance. "Just forget it,"

I get up and walk away from him, Giving up. I thought maybe he didn't mean everything he said but I guess he did...

"Maybe Zayn only did what he did with you because of pity too." I hear Louis chuckle from behind me.

I keep walking, ignoring everything he's saying. I just don't get it. Before, he didn't talk to me but he wasn't rude so what's making him all the sudden be rude?

"No fuck this. What the hell is wrong with you?" I say turning around.

He stands up, beer in his hand.

"What's fucking wrong with you?" He fires back.

"You never acted like this before. You didn't talk but you weren't this fucking rude Louis." I say.

He walks past me, ignoring what I said. I grab him by the wrist and stop him.

"Louis just fucking tell me the truth. Clearly you're hiding something from me!" I shout.

His eyes meet mine for a brief second before he stares at the ground.

"Fine..." he says lowly. "I didn't wanna bring you further into all this. I was hoping we wouldn't still be friends with you guys by now and I realized that we're gonna be around each other for a while and I just didn't wanna risk getting more people hurt."

I stare at him, speechless. I didn't expect him to say that. So...he's scared that we would get pulled deeper into this so he decided to push me away.

"Louis...we're already in this. Why not be friends at this point?" I say.

"Yeah, I realize that now." He says scratching the back of his neck.

He was afraid I would get hurt. He cares about me even if it's the littlest bit. Don't think just because he cares that he cares that much. Don't get attached. Don't be stupid Emery. I think I embarrassed him. He just admitted he cares in a way.

"Wanna get high?" I ask hoping to lighten the mood.

He lips turn up into a smirk. "Of course."

"Alright, be right back." I say.

He nods going to sit back under the tree. I run inside and head to my room to grab my stash. Once I've got it, I hurry back. I sit back beside him and open the bag to pull out one joint. I place it in between my lips.

"Can I use your lighter?" I ask knowing He has one.

He nods reaching his hand into his jacket pocket to retrieve the black lighter. I hold out my hand for it but instead of giving me the lighter to light it myself he holds it up in front of the joint sitting between my lips and lights it.

I take a long drag from the joint, holding it in for a moment before letting it trail out of my lips. I pass the joint to Louis, who takes it between his tattooed fingers and brings it up to his lips.

I lean back against the tree, feeling the breeze blow past me.

"So," Louis starts. "How did you and Zayn even end up fucking?"

I laugh, shaking my head. "I was passed out and drunk."

He chuckles. "That makes sense."

"It felt good to have a say in if it happened or not." I sigh. "I forgot what sex was supposed to feel like."

His eyes sadden, looking into my own.

"What Calum and Luke did was so wrong. They fucking deserve to rot in hell for it." He says.

"I bet they'd love knowing they have so much control over me. Even now." I say, the weed making me say more than I usually would.

He holds the joint in front of my lips, I part them letting him set it between them.

"It'll take time, but they won't matter one day." He says.

"Yeah..." I sigh. "Have you ever had a girlfriend?"

He sighs leaning his head back against the tree and looking at me.

"Once. In high school." He says.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"Well...exactly what I was afraid of happened." He tells me.

I throw the joint onto the ground, it being completely used up.

"And what were you afraid of?"

"I was afraid that Marcus would hurt her for power and leverage over me." He admits.

I look at him as he stares out into the stars. His brown hair slightly covering his blue eyes, his body relaxed.

"What did he do to her?"

His eyes meet mine. "He killed her."

My mouth goes dry. I wasn't expecting him to say he killed her. I knew Marcus was bad but I didn't think he'd kill one of his own men's girlfriend just to get them to do what he wants...That was why he was distancing himself from me isn't it.

"I'm sorry...thats horrible." I say grabbing his hand.

He looks down at my hand on top of his.

"It's fine. Its over now." He says pulling his hand away.

Wait...if he said that he was in high school when he dated her and Marcus killed her, then does that mean he worked for Marcus even then? He would of only been a kid. I understand Harry working for him because that's his Dad but Louis too?