Everyone has settled somewhere in the living room drinking or talking to someone except me. I'm just not feeling it. Everything that happened with Luke really ruined my night.

"So how was your date Emery?" Amy asks me. Everyone looks to me for an answer.

"It was great," I lie and add in a fake smile.

"What did you guys do for your date?" Liam asks.

"We just went to dinner." I say wanting the conversation to be over.

"I don't even understand why you forgave him Ems." Alex says. I can't be mad she's drunk, I remind myself.

"It wasn't his fault, I told you that. It was mine." I say.

The room goes silent. "I'm just gonna go use the bathroom, I'll be right back."

The chatter picks back up once I leave. I go into the bathroom and lean against the sink. Today is just not my day. It started off well but didn't end well. A knock at the door drags me away from the mirror. I open it to see Louis standing there.

"Oh sorry," I apologize and go to walk past him but he stops me. I look into his eyes which look sincere, a look I've never seen in his eyes before.

"I know your date didn't actually go well." He says.

"What are you talking about? Of course it did." I lie. He doesn't need to know.

"I can tell you're lying Emery." He says. I stay silent. He doesn't need to know.

"It's not your fault." He says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask knowing what he means.

"He is in charge of his own choices. Not you." He says.

"It's really none of your business." I say holding back tears. Not because of Louis but because of everything. He's the only one who noticed I'm not really okay.

I turn my back on him and walk away. I sit back down on the couch next to Niall. I pull out my phone to see a text from Luke.

Luke: Spend the night with me?

Me: Ofc I'll be right over

Luke: Can't wait. I miss you.

I turn my phone off and put it in my back pocket.

"I'm gonna get going guys. Luke asked me to come stay the night." I tell them.

Alex pouts, "but I don't want you to go." she whines.

"How about tomorrow we go to the club, okay?" I suggest.

"Yay!" She smiles.

"Bye guys," I say walking towards the door.

I get a chorus of goodbye's but one voice is missing. My eyes fall on Louis'. I look away and walk out.

By the time I get to Luke's house it's 10. I walk inside and Luke is sitting in the couch. I take my shoes off and sit next to him.

"What took you so long? The drive from your apartment doesn't take you that long." He says.

"I was at Harry's." I answer crossing my fingers that he won't get mad.

"Really, you go there right after we just had a date? I thought things were good between us and then you go and hang out with them again? There's like 6 guys there and they're all single so who knows what you're doing with them." He crosses his arms. I thought we were over this.

"Actually there's 5 of them. And just because they're single doesn't mean I'm doing things with them Luke. Why can't you just trust me?" I say getting annoyed with this.