"What can I get you today?" I ask a young guy sitting alone.

"Just a coffee please," he says.

"Alright that'll be out to you in a few minutes." I smile walking back to the counter.

After I finish making his coffee I go back to his table.

"Here you go," I say setting the coffee In front of him.

"Thank you," he says kindly taking the drink and taking a sip.

"Have a good day." I smile.

"You too....Emery." he says reading my name tag.

I give him one last smile before walking back the counter for my break. I decide to go out back and get some air. It gets pretty hot in the diner.

I sit down on the edge of the sidewalk. The cool breeze blows my hair lightly back.

All of the sudden I hear gunshots. I jump up and look around. I run inside and check to make sure everyone's okay. They all are and they look calm too. They must not of heard them over the music.  I go back outside and look around. I look across the street to the little grocery store and see people running out. I gasp in horror.

I see 5 guys dressed in black from head to toe with black ski masks run out of the store. They all have black bags hung over their shoulders with a unique symbol I've never seen before.

They speed off and the police arrive quickly after along with an ambulance. Four dead and 3 injured. It's sickening. It's sickening to think I even saw the criminals that killed those people.

***
"Emery!" I hear one of the girls call out.

"Yeah?" I reply walking into the living room where I find both the girls.

"We're hanging out with the guys tonight, you should bring Luke." Alex suggests.

Maybe that would be a good idea. Maybe then he'd see I'm not flirty with any of the guys and they aren't flirty to me.

"I'll call him right now and ask him," I say pulling out my phone. I dial his number and bring the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" He picks up on the third ring.

"Hey, are you busy tonight?" I ask.

"No, why?"

"Because we were gonna hang out with the guys and wanted to know if you wanted to come." I tell him.

"Yeah, I'll come." He says and I can here the smirk in his voice.

"Okay, well be here by 8." I say.

"Okay, bye."

"Bye," I say hanging up.

"He said he'll come," I smile at the girls.

"Yay! You won't be all single this time!" Amy smiles. I laugh at her and sit with them to watch TV.

***
Lukes just arrived and we're waiting for the boys to get here. I'm wearing a black dress and the other girls are wearing matching ones in different colors than mine.

I hear a car pull in and look out the window. The car honks letting us know to come out.

"Guys, they're here. Let's go." I say grabbing my phone.

We all go outside and I go to walk you Harrys car but Luke grabs my wrist.

I look at him confused.

"We're taking my car." He says.

I look back at the guys. They have Nialls car which has more seats so I don't understand why we can't ride with them.

"But there's plenty of room in Nialls car," I say.

"Emery, just come with me. Why do you have to be so stubborn all the time." He rolls his eyes sounding annoyed.

I huff and follow him to his car.

Once we arrive at the club we all head back to the vip area as always. It's become routine what we do every time. I go to sit between Zayn and Louis where I always sit but realize I have Luke here this time.

I grab Lukes hand and pull him down on an empty area on the couch. He rests his hand on my thigh which he usually never does.

Soon the drinks arrive and I lean forward to grab a shot. Luke reaches out and grabs my hand pulling it back. I furrow my brows at him wondering why he pulled my hand back. 

"You shouldn't drink. You know, that way you don't make bad decisions." He says with a soft smile.

"Oh uhm okay..." I say awkwardly.

I catch Louis looking at us from the corner of my eye but ignore it. Instead Luke grabs a shot for himself. That's so unfair but I don't wanna start a fight in front of everyone and prove Louis right.

"Let's dance!" Amy says pulling Liam towards the dance floor. Before I know it Luke is pulling me onto the dsncelfoor by my waist. 

Our bodies sway to the music. Luke starts kissing my neck harshly and I push him away a bit.

"Not in front of people Luke." I tell him.

"You're no fun," he rolls his eyes.

***
I get up from Lukes grip.

"I need to use the bathroom," I tell him. He nods reaching for another shot. He's already had tons to drink but I can't have any.

I walk to the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror. I can't help but think Louis might be right about Luke. Not completely but maybe he is.

I fix my hair a bit and take a deep breathe before walking out. I sit back down by Luke who's drunk. He pulls me onto his lap and I stay there feeling uncomfortable. Yeah he's my boyfriend but he's drunk and I don't like him today.

I lock eyes with Louis. He looks away quickly. Why's he being so awkward?

"We're going back to the house now," Harry says.

We all follow him out to Nialls car.

"Luke, let me drive you're drunk." I say.

"No! It's fine Emery. Get in." He says and heads to the door. I sigh and go to the passenger door.

"Hey, ride with us." Zayn says approaching me.

"Luke won't let me." I say.

Luke walks over looking angry and jealous.

"What are you talking to her for? Emery get in the car." Luke orders.

I give Zayn pleading eyes and he grabs me.

"No she's not riding with you. You're drunk and it's not safe." He says.

"Fine, ride with him. I'm going home. Have fun with him Emery." Luke spits getting into his car.

I turn to Zayn. "Thanks,"

"Anytime, come on." He smiles.

Once we get to Harrys house we order pizza which arrives shortly after. I sit by Zayn with a big slice of pizza on my plate.

"Is he always like that?" Zayn says as everyone's in their own conversations.

"No...not really." I lie. I don't want them to judge him. He wasn't even sober. 

"He was being really stupid. Even for being drunk." He tells me.

"Yeah I know....I hope he made it home safe. I think I'm gonna go call him."

He nods as I go into the kitchen holding the phone up to my ear.

"What Emery?!" Luke yells answering the phone.

"I just wanted to make sure you got home safe, calm down," I say with a bit of attitude.

"Don't give me fucking attitude. I'm fine not that you care." He says before hanging up.