INTRODUCTION.

[Modern AU]

The cafe Minho went to all the time had respective hourglasses for each table showing how much time each customer had before they had to leave. This system allowed people to come and go quicker and it had been like that almost ever since the cafe opened. Minho always watches the sand going from the top to the bottom, then flips it around and again and again. It just keeps looping and looping, going from the same place to the same place and to the same place again.

He had been extremely observant of the hourglass as a tardy person and didn't really pay attention to the things going around him. A barista working at the coffee shop, Han Jisung noticed Minho coming in at the exact same time, ordering the exact same thing from the exact same staff and leaving at the exact same time.

Like an hourglass.

Minho had an extremely abusive boyfriend that always somehow managed to convince Minho to stay. He controlled every aspect of Minho's life and never really loved him, only using him for his body. Every day went by with his boyfriend making Minho feel pathetic so he wouldn't go off with another man or break up with him. Minho always turned up to the cafe either covered in bruises or bite marks from the previous night.

Jisung had also noticed the different marks on Minho's body and always wanted to approach Minho but never found the courage to do so. He felt bad for the poor boy but Jisung thought it would be too nosy and obnoxious of him to just prod into someone else's life like that.

However, one day, Jisung's friend, Felix, also a barista and the one that Minho always gets his orders from, invites his boyfriend, Hyunjin over. Hyunjin had also noticed Minho's behaviour and he started to assume that Minho was trying to make a move on Felix, therefore getting extremely mad and starting chaos. Amidst the madness, the hourglass breaks, the sand leaking all out and the same routine day after day also stops.

And so does Minho's life.

(none of the following images belong to me. credits to og owners.)

MAIN CHARACTERS.

LEE Minho.

- 25 / INTP

- Has an abusive boyfriend who controls his entire life but he needs him for the money

- A dancer and choreographer but hasn't been able to come up with anything new for an extremely long time, risking losing his job

- Always paranoid and scared to disappoint someone

- Goes to the same cafe 24/7 to get his mind off things