Chapter 48: Apologies all around

A few hours later Hope woke up and stretched out. She hopped off her bed and looked at what time it was. "I didn't mean to sleep till seven thirty, I must have really needed to sleep." She told herself as she put on her pajamas for movie night. Hope put on a pair of shorts and a tank top and wrapped her blanket around her shoulders.

She walked down the stairs to find the door open to the library and a fire crackling. Inside Rumple was sitting at a spinning wheel and Belle sat cuddled up on a loveseat reading a book. Hope stepped and the floor creaked making both of them look up at her. "Sorry didn't mean to bug you. I just heard a fire and wanted to make sure the books weren't in danger." She joked as she walked over to Matt.

"Don't worry, I know you two very well. I wouldn't let your books get hurt." He told her as he stood up. "Can we talk? There are a few things we need to discuss."

"Yeah, I think that's a good idea. Belle, can I steal him for a bit?" Hope asked.

"Of course. I still have a few chapters. Then I would love to try this movie night idea. It sounds  very fun." Belle told them.

Hope and Rumple walked to the living room and he made two glasses of apple cider and a plate of food for her. "You didn't come down for dinner so I thought you might be hungry."

"I didn't mean to stay in my room all day. I fell asleep, I think after using a lot of magic after not having it for a long time really tired me out. Thank you for dinner and I'm sorry." Hope told him as she ate her food.

Rumple sat down next to his daughter and asked, "Sorry for what? Sleeping isn't a crime."

"I was being kinda awful this morning. Scratch that, I was just plain mean to you today. I did the one thing you said not to for a not-very-good reason, scared you when I went on the roof and didn't want the nice room you gave me." Hope apologized as she set her head on his shoulder. "I'm falling pretty hard for my first day as your daughter."

"Amelia, you are not failing. You've been my daughter since we first met. It seems like the old you is pretty different from the you I'm used to. I am trying to do better as a parent this time. I'm trying to be calm and understand. I never understood what Bae needed." He told her placing his head on hers.

Hope sighed. "You are very understanding. You are doing your best, I'm just being a problem child."

"I think the best thing for us right now is to be completely honest with each other. Can we agree on that?" He asked as Hope nodded and sat up. "When I gave the curse to Regina I made a request. She had to send part of it to Neverland to get an old enemy of mine. It was sent after a boy named Pan but you came here. Do you want to tell me why that is? Or why you didn't mention you were from Neverland?"

Crap, there goes my plan to see if I could pass off being a random no-one in a village. Hope thought as she told him, "Honestly? Since the curse broke I've been a disaster. At first, I started freaking out wondering what happened on Neverland since I left, then how do I explain everything to you. I started having a meltdown when you came home to the shop. I-"

She took a breath to stop herself. "Sorry, I'm trying not to babble. You asked why I was here instead of Pe-Pan. When we saw the curse coming everyone panicked and ran. Me and Pan ran to a spot on the island where we would be safe. He said it was coming after him. I knew we could hide but the Lost Boys couldn't so I let the curse take me so everyone else would be safe. I didn't mention where I'm from cuz it's really complicated and I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything."

Rumple took a moment to process everything she said. "So you let the curse take you to save everyone on that cursed island? How did you even end up there? Pan only takes boys. How did a girl like you end up there? You know my past, let me know yours."