Chapter 17: The Wolf and the truth

Amelia pulled up to Henry's house. She parked her car and knocked on the door. "Henry! It's me!" she heard him running to the door and he gave her big hug

"Finally! We were waiting for you forever." Henry told her pulling her up to his room where the door was open revealing,

"Sheriff Graham? What are you doing here? Hen, what's going on?" She asked him setting the take out from Granny's on his nightstand. Henry called her to ask for dinner and to talk about his book.

"He is remembering his life in the Enchanted Forest! I knew I was right. You know the book almost as well as I do so I thought you should come." Henry explained as she sat on his bed opposite from Graham.

"Is this true? Your remembering living in the Enchanted Forest?" Amelia asked him, confused.

"I really don't know. I am seeing a wolf almost everywhere. The wolf is bright white and its eyes-" Graham started "One is-"

"Black as night and the other is blood red. I read the book as well." Amelia finished.

Henry smiled at her pulling his book off the shelf. "He hasn't read the book before Lia. Now Sheriff, tell us about what you've been seeing."

Henry smiled as he showed Graham the book. "When did your flashes begin?" he asked once they got to the page with the deer on it.

"Right after I kissed Emma." He told them with a bewildered look on his face.

Henry turned to him, making a disgusted face as she faced palmed. Why would you tell Henry that? "You kissed my mom?" Henry asked.

Graham looked at Henry as he shook his head. "What did you see?" Amelia asked, going back on topic.

"I saw that I had a knife in my hand, and I was with Mary Margaret." Graham looked unsure of himself as he was saying that. As if his mind knew it couldn't be real but it had to have been

"Were you about to hurt her?" Henry asked knowingly

"Yes. How did you know that?" the Sheriff asked them both.

Amelia jumped in taking the book from Henry. She flipped through the pages and said "Because Mary Margaret is snow white. That makes you the huntsman." She showed him the image of the huntsman holding the knife blocking half of his face. It did look so much like him it surprised Amelia.

"So you really think that I could be another person?" Graham asked Henry as he took the book back.

"It makes total sense." Henry told them both, so sure of himself. "You were raised by wolves. That's why you keep seeing one. It's your friend, your guide. It's trying to help you."

The Sheriff made a puzzled face as he asked "I'm remembering this because I kissed your mother? How is that possible?"

"I know this is a lot Sheriff. Henry has put a lot of effort into this. He knows what he is talking about when it comes to the book." she told him quietly. She knew it was crazy but it felt like every day she believed his wild idea more and more. Amelia even caught herself trying to write Alice on her test at school.

"Well, you two do have a special connection." Henry told him making Amelia focus again on the problem at hand. "She owes you her life."

"How?" Graham asked them.

"Snow White is her mother. And you spared her." Henry explained. "If you hadn't, my mom wouldn't have been born."

"What happened after I spared Snow White?" Graham asked.

"The queen took your heart." Henry said bluntly. "She ripped it out. It's kind of her thing. She never wanted you to be able to feel again."

"Let me see that book." Graham said as he grabbed it. "What's that?" He pointed to the image of her vault. "I saw that too. The wolf was howling at it."