Chapter 26: Home at last

Amelia woke up looking around her room. She looked at the clock on her nightstand and saw she was very late to school. Well, I guess I'm not doing that today. Amelia pulled out her phone and saw a text from Jacob. Hey Sweetie, Henry called me last night and explained there was a big fight and you got kicked out. He said not to expect you at school today. I'm here for you whenever you need me, <3 Jacob.

Amelia smiled and turned on the lights to see the damage from yesterday. Everything was much more of a mess than she thought it was. She looked at herself in the mirror and laughed. There was almost no skin, hair, or clothes that weren't covered in dried paint. Amelia took a few pictures for fun and set her phone on her bed.

She walked to her bathroom and showered watching all the paint go away. Once Amelia was clean she carefully walked into her room and up the ladder. She grabbed a sponge, a bucket of water, and soap. Amelia cleaned her room but looked at her walls that needed to be repainted again.

No first I should clean the Above. We really didn't get to clean it before all this happened. Amelia thought to herself. She started cleaning the kitchen and living room till it was back to its normal clean and slightly messy look. "Now I can paint." she mumbled to herself.

Before she could think of what she wanted to paint someone was knocking on the back door. She climbed down and saw Henry and Emma standing there. In Henry's hands was,

"The book! Is it ok?" Amelia exclaimed as Henry handed it to her.

"Good as new!" Henry said as she flipped through the pages. "Emma found it after school. And Regina is letting me hang out with both of you again. I'm so sorry Lia. I didn't mean to get you kicked out yesterday. I have no idea what was wrong with me yesterday. Can you forgive me, please?"

Emma looked at her and said "Mr. Gold has found a way to get himself out of jail. He needs someone to pick him up. So want to get your uncle back? I'm on my lunch break so you have some time till you have to go get him."

Amelia closed the book and looked at Henry. "Of course, I forgive you, Henry. I have no idea what happened last night either. Now Hen, if he is coming home that means we get to talk about it. Wanna help come up with a list of questions?"

Henry was practically jumping up and down as he exclaimed "Duh!" she let them both inside and up to the above.

"You guys are being mysterious. Did I miss something?" Emma asked, sitting down on the couch. Henry sat down next to her and Amelia sat down in her normal chair with her gray blanket. She grabbed a pad of paper and a pen.

"You didn't tell her the Operation Cobra news?" She asked her brother. "You love talking about any new information."

Henry shook his head "It's your Operation Cobra news, I thought you should tell her."

"What did I miss?" Emma asked again.

Amelia shook her head at her slightly. "Oh, nothing much, just that I know Matt is Rumple and that he is awake and will answer all my questions about the curse, and the Enchanted Forest. So Hen, what questions we got?"

After a while, they had a nice list of questions for Matt. "Well, let's go get him. I'm tired of seeing him every day at work." Emma said as she and Henry got into the bug and Amelia got into her car. They drove to the station and Matt was sitting patiently inside.

"Amelia! You came. I was starting to think you were going to leave me here." He told his niece standing up.

Amelia walked over to the cell and told him "I'm not gonna leave you here to rot. You gotta got home. We have a lot to talk about." Emma walked into her office to grab the keys and Matt slipped the chipped teacup into her hands. She slipped it into her large coat pocket.