Chapter 15: Remembering our Queen

This chapter is for blizzardmalfoy who gave me the idea of doing this

Peter Pan pov

Twenty eight years Peter Pan thought staring at Hope's empty bedroom. Today was Hope's one hundred and eleventh Neverday. What once was a day of joy for everyone on the islands was now the saddest day. He never could bring himself to go inside her room. He stared at every detail. The flower crowns she made and hung from the ceiling, the tube of pink lipstick resting on her vanity from her coronation, the way her purple nightgown was resting on her bed. Her teddy bear from her mother looking at the door as to silently asking Peter when Hope would come back home. Peter could only get himself to open the door on her Neverday, doing so more than once a year was too painful for him.

"I know you're out there, Hope. I swear to you on every star in our sky and grain of sand in our cove I will find you. I need you, the Lost Boys need you, Neverland needs you." he locked her door and placed the key in his pocket, right over his dark heart. He keeped things that reminded him of Hope in that pocket, so she was always close to his heart.

Peter walked down her stairwell, the candles smelling of lilacs, her favorite flower. He walked to his closet to find it. On Hope's Neverday every Lost Boy, Pirate and Mermaid wore something light pink in honor of Hope. He put on his standard monotony of green. He pulled out his golden heart on a chain. The words My King were engraved on it. It matched the necklace he made her the day she was taken, the day she sacrificed herself for him, for the Lost Boys, for all of Neverland. Peter flew out to the garden she grew on the roof of her treehouse. He walked carefully over to her pale pink rose bush and picked a blooming rose. He stuck it out of his pocket, careful not to let the thorns damage any of the other things inside.

In his pocket was a vial of sand from the cove, a dried up flower from dead man's peak. He and Hope would sit up there a lot watching the shooting stars. Finally there was a small glass sphere with water from the Memory Pool. That was a small pond lake with magical water. Someone would look in the waters and it would show them whatever memories they wanted to see. Peter and Hope were the only ones that knew about it.

He spent more time than he wanted to admit to himself staring at the sphere watching her laugh and smile and sit with the Lost Boys having fun. She loved sitting with the Lost Boys as she wove the flowers she grew flowers into crowns. Alister, a thirteen year old Lost Boy, taught her how the first week she was on the island.

Peter teleported to the camp where the Lost Boys were sitting around looking almost as sad as Peter, almost. Jack was sitting next to Mickey who was crying. Out of all the Lost Boys he was one of them that took the day the hardest. Hope really was the boy's mother and she was gone. Felix walked over to his leader and best friend. "Everything is ready for the archery contest." Felix said. He knew better to ask Pan if he was alright. He knew Pan blamed himself for Hope getting taken. Every year on her Neverday they had an archery contest, as that was the first contest Hope had won.

"Good." Peter jumped up on the stone platform and yelled "Listen up you lot!" The Lost Boys ran over to him. "You know how this goes, we have the archery contest now and dinner later. Everyone grab your bows and arrows." Every Lost Boys played in the contest. They all loved Hope so they wanted to play for her. As it happened every year Peter played with Hope's bow and arrows. The first person he had to beat was Hawk, a younger Lost Boy who was one of the best fishers on the island. His real name was Albert but he could see a fish so well like a hawk so Hope decided to call him Hawk, so everyone did.

"Good luck, Pan." the Lost Boy told him. Hawk took a shot and hit the fourth ring Pathetic, Peter thought. Over the years the Lost boys began to fear him more than normal. Without Hope Peter lost almost all his patience and ability to care about anything.