Chapter 82. Charging toward an ambush, no fear!

Start from the beginning

However, she had much less energy regeneration than Yasenia, and her body was more fragile. She, however, won in agility because of the giant sword that Yasenia carried. With Cecile's addition, their team easily killed beasts and cultivators alike, gaining many points. They couldn't help but be impressed with Cecile's performance.

Their current position was south from Yasenia's current position, quite a distance away too.

After some hunting hours, they rested in an area where other teams seemed to have a ceasefire agreement. After resting, they left that area while Cecile listened to conversations around when one caught her attention. "That annoying animal! Can't she shove that giant sword up her ass?"

His companion said, "Have you heard? A big group of resurrected people aims to kill her after teaming up with a level nine cultivator. She has killed a ton of cultivators."

The first one said convincingly, "I know; moreover, she is in the top 200s! She should give a ton of points."

Without noticing an icy gaze locked onto them, the two walked outside the camp. The other asked strangely, "How do you know her ranking? Has she said her name for all to hear? By the way, which direction should we go to see it? It should be quite interesting."

The other cultivator shrugged, "We should go northeast from here, and about her ranking... I don't know if it is the truth. I heard a Tang family cultivator speak about it. Anyway, let's go and kill- *Gurlge*."

The companion looked horrified at the stuck ice arrow on his companion's throat. He was about to speak when an ice arrow lodged into his forehead. They both dropped, and a rain of arrows followed, transforming them into icy porcupines.

Cecile appeared with a frosty expression and a murderous aura. Her voice sounded so cold that the others in her group were having chills just listening. "We are going northeast. Speed up."

Some minutes before Cecile realized Yasenia's peril, Yasenia was killing one third-rank, middle-level beast similar to a rhino. She dodged the charge and opened a giant wound on its side.

She was about to continue her attacks when suddenly, a silent arrow struck her back *Clang!* Thanks to the robe and the [Celestial Coat], it just made Yasenia lose her stance.'Was it too weak for my instinct to alert me? Or is it the cultivator extremely stealthy?'

With a tail slap to the ground, she managed to dodge the beast's horn and regain balance.

Yasenia decisively turned and ran after the attacker, leaving the beast behind. The beast roared in victory, which almost made Yasenia turn around to beat it to the ground, but she resisted the impulse. 'That weakling roaring like an idiot, I will come back later to kill it! But someone that can bypass my instincts is bound to be abnormal. I can't fight with the beast with someone attacking me all the time.'

Having lost their tracks, Yasenia used her [Lingering star step] and shot in a random direction. 'Since they didn't continue the attack, they should be testing me. I will try to confuse them and see if they can follow after me easily. Even if they can follow me, without the beast annoying me, I will be able to track them easier....'

She put her senses on high alert and stopped after 5 minutes of running. After she stopped running, she checked her back, 'Thankfully, my cultivation robes are high level, and I was using the [Celestial coat], so I didn't receive damage... I don't feel strange, so It shouldn't be poisoned... Can people carry poison inside this formation? The rules are too vague!'

Setting other thoughts to rest, she put her back on a tree trunk and looked around and on the branches. It was past midnight, and the Crescent Moon in the sky seemed smiling. Her slit pupils thinned as she tried to search for anything around her. She saw some normal beasts but couldn't see anything else strange...