26

Lana

After Taylor and I spent the whole morning outside on the hammock we walked back up to the house and ran into Eric.

"Your bags are on the bed," Eric said

"Thank you," Taylor said

Taylor grabbed my hand and we walked upstairs to put everything away. She began unbagging everything and I fell in love with the clothing she picked out.

"These are so cute," I said holding up the light pink swimsuit.

"I'm glad you like it ," Taylor said pulling more out of the bag

Taylor handed me a book and I looked up at her.

" I got you this book If you have time to read"Taylor spoke digging through more bags

Nobody has ever thought about me the way she does. I launched myself at her wrapping my arms around her body and squeezing her.

"Thank you thank you thank you" I yell

I put the book on the nightstand and help Taylor put everything else away. It was mostly just clothes and bathroom necessities. After we finish that she threw a bathing suit at me.

"Get dressed," she says with a grin

I change and meet her downstairs. I'm slightly nervous to swim in the lake, I've heard there is fish in the lake. I don't want slimy things touching my feet. I walk into the kitchen and Taylor's mom is grabbing something out of the cabinet.

"Take a seat," she says

I sit down and she comes over taking off the bandage where my stitches are. Without warning she sprays it with alcohol and I seethe in pain.

"Sheesh" I Yelp

"You need to have it covered properly if your going on the lake with my daughter. She's going to soak you" she says

I just sit there as she applies some ointment and a waterproof bandaid on my arm. Nothing was getting through it.

"Thank you," I say to her as she finishes up

Is this what it was like to have a real mom? Someone who cares about my well-being? I leaned forward wrapping my arms around her. This is what a mother hug feels like. She does not say anything and embraces me back. I can feel her slightly rubbing my back. It reminds me of Taylor, she probably learned this from her mom doing it to her as a child. So many things that I missed. Pulling back she pats me in the head and goes to the fridge pulling things out.

"I was thinking sandwiches for lunch," she says

"Sounds perfect, " I say in awe

Taylor walks in with a bottle of sunscreen and two towels.

"Ready?" She asked

I nodded my head and we headed towards the side door. As we walked out I heard Taylor's mother yell at us.

"Your cousins should be here soon" she yelled

"Okay " Taylor yelled back at her mom
Taylor grabbed my hand and dragged me to the lake's edge, she tossed the towels onto the chairs and started spraying her body with sunscreen. She turned to me and sprayed my body.

"Tay what if there's fish," I asked

She let out a laugh and reached forward grabbing my hand

"Of course there's fish" she laughed

"Taylor no" I yanked my arm back but she had a death grip on me

Taylor pulled me closer and closer to the water before yanking me closer to her.