06

Lana pov

It's been months since Gracie has brought up Taylor to me, especially the concert tickets we have. I told her to attend without me but she refuses.

Life has been good, college has been steady and better than ever, getting the best grades and getting to sleep in.

I recovered within days after the incident at the concert and felt fine. Well other than a scar on my lip and forehead. But they weren't too bad, I could use them for a story if needed.

I also have been volunteering at my public library, I love the smell of books. Don't judge me. I go in after classes and help shelf books and or just hang out. Often Gracie will find me curled up on the top floor by the window reading a romance novel. Today was no different.

" hey short stack," a voice says to me.

I glance up and notice it's Gracie approaching me. Her words don't mean anything as she calls me worse things before. I nod in her direction and she comes to sit down next to me in the window seal. She grabbed my book and shuts it setting it down between us.

" girl" I grit out at her " I didn't even get to put a bookmark in" I huff

Her eyes widened in shock "Ops" she smiles back at me.

I roll my eyes at her

" what do you want, " I ask her

" so don't get mad," Gracie says throwing her hands up.

" I'm mad" I huff out with a smile on my face.

" so I redeemed our eras tour tickets for this Saturday" Gracie rushes the words out

Instantly my smile dropped and I stood up taking a few steps away from her.

" you did what? " I asked again

" uhm well we needed to use them and I figured why not now" she sheepishly said

" I told you I wasn't going back" I seethed

"Come on Lana, please" she begged

I just stared at her in annoyance

" Lana please, this will make up for how I had to sit alone when we did go!" She stands up next to me putting her hands on my shoulders

" last time you were with Taylor's mom, so I wasn't bad for you at all!!" I whisper yell

" but you weren't there" she whispers yells back
I roll my eyes and grab my bag loading my things into it.

"Sooo" Gracie presses

I continue to ignore her and pack all my things away deciding to continue studying in my apartment. I walk out of the library to my car and throw my bag in the back seat.

"Laaaanaaaa" Gracie wines out as I get in my car. I close the door and drive away without any word.

It's so frustrating because she knows what I have been though especially at her concert and now to ask me to attend another one where I got hurt at. In reality, I don't wanna go back because Taylor will probably recognize me and that's the last thing I want to happen.
Just cause with everything that happened last time I'd rather not deal with it all right now.

Mentally I can't handle it.

•••••••

Days later Gracie showed up to my apartment unannounced, she claimed to be getting ready for the concert, aka flying to Philadelphia for the show.

"Are your bags packed?" Gracie asks me

" no, because I'm not going" I blurt out

Gracie just rolls her eyes and begins packing a bag full of my things.