22

Lana pov

Taylor was truly here, she flew across the country to help me. I couldn't do this alone. That's how we find ourselves back at a hotel, I didn't wanna stay another day in the house. The house that haunted me. Taylor and I are sitting at the table with her mom on speaker.

"Okay so what I'm gathering is that you have ownership of the house and her cars, correct?" Mama swift asks

"Yes but I don't want them," I say

"Lana are you sure," Taylor asks sitting next to me.

"Yes, I want nothing left of her, she's not my mom," I say glancing around

I feel Taylor pull me into a hug and I sigh. I stink, I need to take a shower.

"Okay so we can just sell the house as is or you can take whatever money she left you and put it into the house, the choice is yours, Lana. The same thing goes for the cars" she said through the phone.

I sighed and stood up

"I don't know," I said walking into the bathroom

As I shut the door I could hear Taylor talking to her mom.

"Yeah I know mom, she just has a lot going on at the moment" Taylor spoke to her

I tuned them out and noticed there was a bath, I walked over to it and began filling the water, adding bubbles and soap into the water I undressed and slipped into the warm water.

I submerged my head under until I couldn't hold my breath and came back up. I heard Taylor enter the bathroom and I didn't even bother looking back at her. I felt her presence behind me yet she didn't say a word. I heard her grab the soap bottle and next her hands were in my hair rubbing the soap around to lather it up. I closed my eyes and let her wash my hair.

It's not often I like letting people see me this vulnerable, my exs never even saw me like this. But something about this relationship was different, Taylor treated me like a person and cared about my mind. I noticed tears leaking from my eyes and I wiped them away. Taylor washed the soap out and applied conditioner to my ends.

"I love you" I rasped out

I felt Taylor lean over the edge of the tub and place a kiss on my temple. Her arms wrapped around my shoulders and she rested her head.

"I love you so much Lana," Taylor said.

Soon after my bath, I met Taylor back out in the room and she was sitting on the couch. I was dressed in sweats and a tank top.

"Come here," Taylor said and patted the floor in front of the couch.

I followed her instructions and she ran a brush through my hair and began parting it. Kinda confused about what she was doing I went to speak up but then she began braiding it. I haven't had my hair braided by someone since before my dad left me. Taylor finished up the braids and I stood up and sat next to her on the couch. She wrapped her arm around me and I curled up into her side. Taylor placed a blanket over me.

"What am I going to do," I said

"We will figure it out," Taylor said

Later on that night, I decided that I didn't want the house at all, I decided that I'm going to sell it back to the bank as is and just take a few things of mine. For the cars, I was able to sell them to a used car dealership in town.

Taylor ordered us pizza for dinner and we were going to head back to the house for one final stop to get anything I wanted. I checked my phone and saw missed calls and texts from Gracie.