Shido Ryusei I Fire

Start from the beginning

"And why don't you hit it?" Shido's chin rested in his hand while his elbow rested on his knee.

"What?" Your head snapped back to the dark skinned male who eyed you but this time with a serious face and without his usual smirk.

"Why do you hold back? Are you perhaps afraid of ruining my pretty face?" The corner of his soft looking lips curled up as he looked your confused and irritated form up and down.

"I know that you could take a hit or more but-"

"Then hit me."

Shido stood up and grabbed your hand to get you on your legs as well.

You two stood mere inches apart and your eyebrows scrunched as he mustered you once again. His face on the other hand showed pure amusement. Ryusei was fascinated by you but it bugged him that you restrained yourself from being the real you. He so badly wanted to see the fire in your eyes that gleamed in them every time you saw him. He wanted to see you explode, metaphorically. You growled when he pushed you.

"What's up, cutie? Are you too weak to lift your arm or-"

Before he could say more things, everything you held back came to the surface and with one swift and sharp movement, your palm collided with his cheek.

Both of you looked at each other with surprise before Ryusei broke out in laughter.

"Oh my, Y/n. I don't know what you kept holding back but it must have been really annoying for you." While he was busy with laughing you looked at your stinging palm.

You had hit him and it had felt...relieving. Utterly relieving.

"Thank you." You were too deep into your thoughts that you didn't hear his laughter dying down or the hint of worry in his eyes with which me stared at you.

"You thank me for hitting me? You know, usually people apologize."

Shido laughed again but stopped when you looked at him with admiring and thankful eyes. He was taken aback by the emotions you showed him but it also pained him.

"Has nobody seen what's going on inside you?" His usual strands of blonde hair with pink tips framed his face as he looked at you.

"I don't even know myself what's going on inside me. Sometimes I feel sad for no reason but at other times I will cry my heart out because I live alone in another country without my parents. Because they have no time for me. My friends care all for me but sometimes it's just-"

You struggled to find the right words while clutching on to your pants that suddenly seemed to be pretty interesting to you.

"Too much?"

You nodded and looked back into his pink eyes. Both of you didn't have a clue on how you two stumbled in such an intimate moment but both of you decided to ignore the reason for it.

"Come on, you little demon. Let's work on the project."

The project Shido and you had worked on, was finished and already presented in front of the whole class a few months ago. It was a presentation with the effects music has on people with psychological proves and other things. When you got your grade for it, you were glad that it was an A.

"Yes and then she said-"

"Hey, Y/n!"

Your friend group stopped in their tracks to see Shido swaying over to you.

"All of you can go. I have to do something with him alone." Your friends nodded and eagerly went home. It had become kind of usual by now.

"Do you want to work on your homework with me or what do you want to do?"