Zenitsu Agatsuma ∣ Notebook

↦ Fluff and a tiny bit of angst ↤

B/S = The subject you are the best at

Modern AU

Your POV

"Thank you for explaining B/S to me! It really helped me a lot Y/n-chan!" With a laugh I hugged Zenitsu and checked my purse if I had everything. 

"No problem, Zen. You know that I like to help my friends if I can." With a hand wave I turned around and went home with a smile on my face. Maybe I had a little crush on Zenitsu but when he is around Nezuko I always get reminded that it will never work  between him and me. He just acts so lovey dovey around her while he is completely normal around me.

Love is frustrating ,isn't it? Especially when the person you love seems to be in love with another person.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Later that day I heard somebody ring my doorbell. Ugh. Of course, just when I want to relax and watch Anime while eating chips or ice cream, somebody must knock.

"I'm coming!" When I opened the door I was quiet surprised to see the Zenitsu standing there in the darkness of the night.

"Hey Y/n-chan!"

"Oh hey, Zenitsu. What are you doing here at such a 'late' hour? Is everything okay?" The blonde boy just let out a chuckle before he let himself in. I closed the door and followed him into the kitchen.

"Do you want something to drink? Water, tea or something else?"

"That is very nice of you but I just wanted to give you something. It seems like you forgot something at my house earlier..." With a smirk he took something out of his pocket and lay it on the kitchen table. 

"Oh my notebook..." I took the small book from the table and held it tightly to my chest.

"Y/n-chan, I didn't know you had a crush on me! Why didn't you tell me, cutie?" He threw himself on to me and hugged my waist tightly while whining dramatically. I was a little overwhelmed by the situation because no matter how I imagined him learning about my feelings, there was never one scenario like this. To my luck, he wasn't that heavy so I didn't fall on the ground.

"Talk to me Y/n!" His arm wrapped tighter around my waist and pulled me even closer. My face started to grew red and it suddenly felt really hot. 

I'm dreaming. This can't be true...No 

"I'm sorry that I read a few pages from your notebook. I haven't thought that you write down such personal things in something like this but I am happy that my little cutie feels the same way I feel for her..." Agatsuma pulled away from me, took my notebook and lay it on the kitchen table. 

"Besides feeling a little overwhelmed, I must say that I am glad to hear that you feel the same for me." Both of Zenitsu's arms placed themselves around my waist once again and he almost touched my lips with his own but I stopped him.

"What is with Nezuko? You act so different and happier around her than around me. I just don't want to feel used you know?" I pushed him gently away from me and went to my book before making my way into my room, where I placed the notebook on its original place.

"Why have you brought your notebook to my place in the first line? If it has such a precious meaning to you and functions as your diary, you should be a bit more careful about it."  Zenitsu leaned against my door frame and watched every of my moves carefully as he spoke softly to me. I let out a sigh and sat down on my bed without being able to ignore the uncomfortable atmosphere in my room.

"I wanted to write something down and I was too busy to do that here, so I thought it would be a great idea to write it at your place while helping you study. How could I know that I forget it there and that you would read it?" Now I eyed him carefully and saw how he lifted his eyebrow and exhaled slowly.

"Like I said, I was curious if you would feel the same from me. Yes, Nezuko is beautiful and cute and yes I act different around her but I do that mainly because I want to lift the mood between Tanjiro, Inosuke, Nezuko and me. I also act different around you because I don't want that you are scared or embarrassed or something like that.  Do you understand what I want to say?"

Zenitsu came closer to me and sat in front of me on the floor. The boy took my hands in his and caressed them lightly. He seemed too serious which was pretty out of character for him. 

"I have no idea what I should say...do or I don't know!" 

"Hey, I know and maybe you need some time to think about it, but I really love you. If you don't want to be my girlfriend because you want to go on dates with me first or whatever, then it is totally fine. Just don't put yourself under some pressure, ok?" 

He kissed my hands, flashed me a last gentle smile before went out of my room to give me my needed time.  What the hell happened..?

The next day in school, I almost knocked Tanjiro over. 
"Oh hey, Y/n! Is everything okay?" 

The brunette looked concerned at me and waited for me to answer. His worried look made me sight and so I told him what happened yesterday.

"Well if you love him than you should say yes! You only life once ,right? So grab the opportunity and don't let him wait any longer!" He gave me a reassuring smile and pushed me into Zenitsu's direction.

"Okay! Thank you Tanjiro!" I gave the Kamado brother a hug and ran into the direction of my crush.

"Zenitsu!" Without thinking I jumped right into his arms. I was so happy and started talking to the Agatsuma in a fast manner.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend but the idea with the dates sounded nice, nevertheless! " The blonde boy started laughing, spun me around while kissed my cheek.

"That's a great choice and we will definitely go on dates! I promise that you won't regret it!" He put me down and I grew really red because of my action. How embarrassing... 

The school bell rang and after some 'If you hurt her I will personally make you regret that you hurt Y/n-chan',  'Monitsu. I hope you don't plan on hurting the shrimp over there, because if you do I will fight you!' and a nicer sentence from Nezuko we all sat in Rengoku's lesson to listen carefully. 

I hope everyday will be like this. So happy and carefree.