Shido Ryusei I Fire

↦ Fluff ↤ 

When you first met him, you thought that he was a boy with anger issues. Nothing more and nothing less, until you were practically forced to work with him on a school project.

"I don't want to work on basketball. It's lame. Football is so much better." Shido rolled his eyes as you walked beside him and let out an annoyed groan.

"But I don't want to make this project about football. Only because you play it, doesn't mean that we have to do it about football!" Shido growled as his pink orbs fixated you.

"What do you want to do this project about? Huh?!" You growled back at him and brought your face closer to his while squinting your eyes. Ryusei leaned forward as well and started a staring contest.

"What's about music or are you perhaps too busy to experience the wonderful power of music, huh?" You teased him and poked his chest while he grew angrier with any second.

"Music sounds fine but I bet you don't have any taste so-"

"Well, too bad that I have to break down your expectations on me. My taste in music is very good, you dimwit."

Most of your classmates were afraid and intimidated by Ryusei because of his aggressive character but you knew that he had enough manners to control himself in front of you when it came to the physical aspect. At least you hoped so.

"Tch, let's see then." Both of you stepped inside your house and into your room which was to your relieve clean. Without a comment leaving his lips, Shidou sat down on the floor and eyed you after unpacking the necessary school stuff.

"Any ideas, Insect?" You sat across from him and skimmed through the notes you held in hand.

"You watch my games?" A teasing smirk was plastered all over his face while you tried to internally calmed down.

It was true that you had watched a few of his games but you were practically forced to get to know the person you should work with, right? But he was really good at playing and you liked the look he had in his eyes when he played so...

"Yes, I have but not because of you." That was a straight lie and your partner seemed to look straight trough it.

"Deny it all you want, Y/n but you can't change the truth." He let out a chuckle as you growled once again.

"Okay then. If you are done saying nonsense, present me-"

"How about we make the project about the effects music has on people? Your cute mouth commented on the 'wonderful effect' music has on yourself earlier or did you said that because of something else too?" The smug and winning facial expression made your insides boil with rage.

"You know, sometimes the urge to hit your pretty face is undeniably strong."

You huffed and crossed your arms over your chest while looking to your left. It pissed you off that all the teasing and the interactions you had with Shido sparked something inside you. It made you all giddy and excited that you could finally let the comments inside your mind, slip out of your mouth without worrying too much. Ryusei wouldn't back down and that gave you somehow and in a twisted way, some reassurance and comfort. With him, you didn't need to hold back.