Dabi / Touya Todoroki ∣ Hugs

⇢ Angst and Fluff ⇠

His hugs were the only thing I needed

His hugs were the only thing I needed. They are the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing that is on my mind when I fall asleep.

Your PoV

Touya was all in all a sweet boy except for the days his father did something unacceptable again. On these days he was angry, a nerve wrack and rude. I didn't fall in love with him at first sight , but it all started slowly in seventh grade.

"Do I really need to sit beside Y/n?" I rolled with my eyes. I was the one who sat away from my friends not him.

"Yes, Touya." With that the teacher turned around and started her lesson.

We were annoyed by each other for the first few days until we had to do lots of partner work with each other. We eventually started to talk and became something like comrades.

One day, Touya came in the room and sat beside me with a wide smile. On his cheek was something sparkling in form of lips. A smile stole itself on my lips when I found the reason for this lip gloss stain on him.

I didn't asked any questions but he explained that his sister kissed him with her new lip gloss and that even though he wiped it away the glitter would remained. He was so happy that day that it eventually made my heart race a bit. Touyas smile was heartwarming.

In another lesson the other guy beside me made some funny expressions that I burst out in laughter multiple times. It annoyed the teacher and she threatened to put me out of the classroom until I calmed down.

I took several deep breaths and really tried not to laugh, but Touya touched my shoulders and also made a funny expression. The lesson ended for us in front of the door because the teacher said that we should go out of the classroom till the end of the lesson.

The Todoroki and I sat on the floor and talked about many things. He talked about his family problems while I tried to play therapist.

In eight grade we sat again involuntarily beside each other and I slowly started to believe that the teacher tried to make us fall in love. Or maybe it simply was destiny?

We should have pay attention because it was an important topic that would be in the exam, but the teacher made it so boring that I was too focused to recognize my surroundings.

Touya on the other hand had his own mission where he tried to find out the best way to make me laugh. This time he poked my waist and laughed when I nearly jumped off my seat.

"God Touya! Don't scare me like that!" I tried to focus on the teacher again but he poked me again. After several times I turned to him when he was concentrated and poked him really hard.

"Ouch!"

The first time he hugged me was on a picnic date. We sat in the park and watched the sunset while drinking soda and eating chocolate. His sudden hugged surprised me but I've never felt more save and warm. It made me wish that he would never let go off me.

I enjoyed getting hugs from him and since he seemed to know that, he hugged me again and again everywhere. On the train, at the bus stop, in school at home and on and on. These were literally the things I stood up for in the morning. Touya lifted my mood every time miraculously and shared with me the best years until he left one day.

The only thing I found was a letter on my desk that said that it 'wasn't my fault' and that he wished that some things were different. An 'I love you' were the last words that reminded me that the time we had spent was real. That our feelings were real.

All these memories flashed before my eyes when a man on the other side of the street stared at the TV from a shop with high focus. His appearance was entirely different to Touyas but something about him seemed so familiar. Something felt like home.

Touya

I didn't say his name out loud but the man on the other side of the road seemed to hear it nevertheless. His beautiful eyes widened as his mouth opened a bit. He was completely speechless.

I failed, please forgive me. I failed to help you, Touya.

Tears welled in my eyes and maybe I imagined it but I believed that the man on the other side also had tears in his eyes. The familiar man smiled through his tears and for a second his arms moved up in a motion to give me a hug but he lowered them and decided to blow me a kiss.

Now I was completely sure that it was Touya but before I could do something a car drove by and when it was away, Touya was nowhere to be seen.

Silent tears rolled down my cheeks but I got shivers when I suddenly heard a voice talking into my ear and arms wrapped around me for a tiny second.

When I turned around to take a look at him, he already was away and with him the warmth.
My heart ached when I realized that this might have been a goodbye. It hurt like hell especially after he whispered these words in my ear.

It's not your fault, love. Remember that you were a part of the light in my darkness and that you will be the light in my heart for eternity.