Ranmaru ∣ between frustration & goals

↣ Fluff ↢

Your PoV

Most people start to judge when they first met him.

"He is your Crush? I mean he is good looking and a god but he is really arrogant, angry, manipulative and mean, you know? Personally, I wouldn't start a relationship with him. It for sure would be a toxic one." Nowadays, I just nod and ignore these words because they don't know the Ranmaru I know.

They only see the outer part of him and start to judge the outer facade he tries to hold up so desperately. It is his inner soft warmth that makes me smile everyday and that causes the giddy feeling when I hug him.

On one side I could understand these people. Yeah, he is mean and arrogant but aren't we all imperfect? You can't expect from someone to be perfect if you aren't perfect yourself.

My mother used to say that 'every pot has its own fitting lid' and I pretty much agree on that. Before I can see his owner, Nobunaga jumps into my arms so that I am barely able to catch him in time .

"Whoa, hey Nobunaga. You know that you shouldn't scare me like that!" I laugh as the pet rubs his soft cheeks against mine. The dog shows me everytime how much he likes me because he forces me to cuddle with him every time we see each other.

"Nobunaga, Come back!" Ranmaru appears behind a corner with an angry face that disappears in a fast manner when he starts to recognize me.

"Oh, hey Y/n. I didn't know that you would be in the park. I thought that Nobunaga is starting to jump at random people again." He gives me a small smile before he starts to stroke his pet. The dog god is so close that I could feel his breath tingling my face. Luckily, it smells like mint and something different and is not stinky like the breath from Nobunaga.

"No problem. I was actually on the way to you because I wanted to ask if we should do something together." I look up at the sky and analyse the weather. The sun shines brightly and it was the right amount of warmth to not break out in sweat.

When my gaze hits his face, Ranmaru looks down at his pet with his thinking face. His blue eyes catch the sunlight in a way that make his eyes seem like an ocean. His red hair reminds me of soft rubies but I hold my urge to touch it back. It would be so awkward if I would grab his hair and start to play with it out of nowhere. Besides that, Nobunaga would fall on the floor.

He hums and lifts these ocean eyes to look at my face.

"What do you have in mind?" Ranmaru's hand grabs the necklace he bought me for my birthday and holds it into the sunlight until it starts to project rainbows in every direction.

The biggest diamond is in the colour of my eyes while the smaller ones mirror the colour of his hair and eyes in a beautiful and unique balance. The necklace combines our two features and melts them into something entirely different.