Battle of New York PT. 1 (Avengers)

"Sir, I've turned off the arc reactor but the device is already self-sustaining." Jarvis informs Tony as they reach the tower.

"Shut it down, Dr. Selvig." Tony says making the older man turn around.

"It's too late! She can't stop now." Erik says as he looks at what he helped form like he's admiring his work.

"She wants to show us something! A new universe." He finishes still in awe.

"Okay." Tony says as he's over the conversation. He charges his blast and shoots at the machine.

An energy barrier surrounds it and shoots the blast back out. Hitting Tony and sending Selvig out of the way. The man falls unconscious after he hit his head hard on a box. The noise is so loud that citizens below can hear it and causes some to scream.

"The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable." Jarvis informs Tony.

"Yeah I got that." Tony responds as he sees Loki who's already staring at him.

"Time for plan B." Tony says as he starts to lower to the ground.

"Sir, the Mark 7 is not ready for deployment." Jarvis replies to Tony.

"Then skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock." Tony says.

Landing in the circle as metal claws and other machines start stripping the armor off of the billionaire. Both men on opposing sides keep their eyes on each other as they enter the building.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki says with a small smile seeing Tony without his armor on.

"Actually, I'm planning to threaten you." Tony says nonchalantly.

"Should've left your armor on for that." Loki replies chuckling.

"Yeah.. probably. It's seen a bit of mileage and you've got the glow stick of destiny." Tony replies walking down the stairs. Loki looks down at scepter smirking at his comment.

"Would you like a drink?" Tony asks walking behind the bar. He grabs a glass and starts shaking the bottle lightly.

"Stalling me won't change anything." Loki says.

"No, no. I am threatening." Tony corrects god of mischief.

"No drink? You sure? I'm having one." Tony says as Loki looks annoyed by his antics. He faces the window and looks out onto the city.

"The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that. What have I to fear?" Loki asks turning around for the last part.

"The Avengers." Tony replies while pouring himself a drink. The confusion on Loki's face makes Tony explain himself.

"That's what we call ourselves. We're sort of like a team.. Earth's Mightiest Heroes type thing." Tony says.

"Yes, I've met them. If I'm not mistaken, I handled them as well.." Loki says arrogantly.

"Yeah." Tony says with a sarcastic hard smile which he quickly puts away.

"It takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But, let's do a head count here." Tony says looking Loki in the eyes.

"Your brother, the demigod, a super soldier. A living legend who kind of lives up to the legend." Tony says as he grabs two bracelets and quickly puts them on his wrists.