41 - Awkward (2)

* * *

"Uhmm? What are you doing?" Fyre asked awkwardly, seeing the Alpha staring at him as he ate his meal. He's feeling embarrassed as he already is. Just remembering what happened last night was enough to draw all the blood from his body to his head. He wanted Joaquinn to leave already so he could breathe comfortably but it didn't seem the Alpha plan to do so with him staring at him like he was some newly discovered wild animal.

"Sitting..." Joaquinn replied, stating the obvious. Last night was a wild night indeed. He just started talking to Fyre days ago and he initially didn't mind him and just went on with the conversation like he normally would. He didn't have any particular thoughts about Fyre, he just regarded the Omega as a simple acquaintance where he would soon forget about in the future but after what had happened, his initial thoughts changed. Fyre has now become someone he simply couldn't forget. It was surprising even for him as he didn't feel the same to anyone but Fyre has become someone he wanted to protect like his younger brother, Maverick.

Maybe because Fyre is an Omega and he's an Alpha, or maybe because last night he saw his mother on him and wanted to protect him. He never got to protect his mother from her pain and sorrow and seeing Fyre, he immediately got attached and wanted to be with him and protect him as he couldn't to his mother(?) It's still a mystery even for him but this is what he genuinely feels.

"I know that but why? Y-you're just there sitting and staring at me...i-it's very uncomfortable..." Fyre confessed hesitantly, not wanting to offend the Alpha.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Jonathan replied however he still continued to observe Fyre without reason, which made Fyre unable to say anything and just awkwardly continued to eat his meal believing that if he ignored the Alpha and thought of him as a statue he wouldn't feel too uncomfortable. For the most part it worked but a few minutes later, another Alpha came with a frown and this time without saying anything sat next to Joaquinn. Fyre almost choked on his food seeing Tian Zi crossing his arms looking at him intensely.

Just when he thought that it wouldn't get worse, Maverick came in surprised seeing all three of them silently sitting at the dining area while two Alphas stared at the eating Omega.

"Oh, what's this?? Is there something going on?" Maverick asked, confused and proceeded to sit on the other side of Joaquinn and looked at Fyre and the two Alphas back and forth.

"Nothing. I'm just here to take a little break and Fyre was coincidentally eating breakfast." Joanquinn replied and Maverick just nodded in understanding since there was no reason for his older brother to lie. He was not that kind of person because he's the most serious and stiff person he knew who only put two people in his life in his top priority—him and their younger brother Ashton.

"I'm also here to take a little break..." Tian Zi also replied from the side still keeping his eyes on Fyre, which Maverick also nodded softly in understanding because the Young Alpha has never left Fyre side for too long during the whole vacation. However, there's something that's telling him that wasn't the only thing especially considering what had happened last night. It wasn't his intention to break Fyre and Tian Zi's relationship apart but he does admit that he had crossed his boundary. He shouldn't have kissed Tian Zi last night knowing Fyre was there listening to their conversation.

"How about you Fyre? You don't seem comfortable. Are these two bothering you?" Maverick gently asked even though he already had an inkling as to what the fellow Omega might have been thinking at this moment. And he was right! Fyre was currently in so much pressure that he was barely holding up. If not because alcohol was still in his system making his blood pressure somewhat relaxed, his pheromones would have flared up by now.