112 - Want That Pet Back

* * *

"So, were you able to seduce him like you said you were?" A woman asked with a smirk that quickly pissed off the newly arrived Apollo.

"Shut up! I don't have time for your bullshit," Apollo growled before walking straight to the kitchen counter to pour himself a glass of water. He didn't pay much attention to it before because he thought his competition was just a lowly assistant but seeing the man at the restaurant earlier, it's clear to him that he wasn't just an ordinary person. To be able to alter his face, gain a new identity without anyone noticing, and become an assistant through it, he needed to have a lot of influence or have a huge backing behind him to be able to do so.

"I told you he's a difficult one. I'm honestly still surprised he entered the entertainment industry. He used to be the shy type and wanted to be always hauled up in the dark... but he's changed a lot after all these years," the man with a tattoo all over his arms and neck said with a chuckle before his eyes glistened with interest.

Fyre Long, he could never forget this name. Years ago, one of their subordinates took in a young boy who apparently had a talent for hacking. He didn't mind because he could use some of that talent to grow their business, and they were already a group of youngsters who had nowhere to go or had run away from their home so it was not too uncommon for them to take in a young boy who had nothing at that time.

Furthermore, Fyre was just a 15 and was very easy to manipulate. Back then none of them knew that he was an Omega so for a while he got along well within the group before four of his subordinates started seeing him differently when he turned 18. He got prettier and prettier until they all found out that he was in fact an Omega, a recessive one. Explaining the reason why he managed to hide his second gender despite having few Alphas in the group.

Truthfully, it was also his mistake for letting those hungry men make a move on Fyre back then even though he used to protect him but at that time he kinda wanted to see the young Fyre cry and beg for his help. It was such a long time ago and he didn't remember how Fyre got away but he did and never returned.

And for a while, he looked for him wanting him back—not because he was apologetic but because he could still use him—but he was asked to leave the country to manage the other groups by the head. Sometimes, he could still remember the Omega's crying face while looking at him in horror and it still gave him the shivers but he never thought that after all these years, the Omega would show himself in public as if he was not going to take him back this time.

"We need to get rid of that bastard if you want him back," Apollo hatefully stated, making the tattooed man frown because he didn't know what he meant to say. It seems that Apollo understood his expression and quickly explained.

"That assistant I told you about isn't just an ordinary assistant. I'm not sure what his identity is yet but we have to be careful of him. Fyre Long is affiliated with the Mos, the Sullens, and even the Hymlyns and Woods, I won't be surprised if that man works under one of them to protect him," Apollo started. The reason why he's saying this was because of that moment when Tian Zi snatched Fyre away from his arms. He did not feel the Alpha's presence at all even though he was so close to him. Normally, he would have noticed it before anyone could get close to him but earlier, Fyre was already out of his arms before he realized he was taken away. It's as if that assistant, or whoever he is, must at least be trained with martial arts.

"Hey, who cares about the assistant and who cares about Fyre Long!? What I want is for you to find whoever did this to me!" Mitchel Sky suddenly yelled in displeasure listening to the two men who she thought would help her but all of the sudden, both of their attention suddenly diverted to this newbie and unknown Omega who took her position as the main character. This wasn't what she wanted! She wanted her career back! She went along with their plan to seduce Fyre Long and ruin his reputation to empty out the position on the movie again but it felt like their actions were moving away from their original goal.