139 - Why Choose Him Over Me!?

* * *

"Brother, why are you here? This is not a place you're supposed to be at," Mo Hanlu said as soon as his eyes caught Mo Laotian walking inside the hotel. If only the older Alpha wasn't married and so deeply in love with his wife and children, he would have thought the man was cheating and meeting his mistress.

". . ." Seeing Hanlu with curious eyes, Laotian did not reply and instead looked at him with disdain before he continued to walk to his destination as if he already knew where to go for him not to go and visit the receptionist. But as soon as Hanlu saw his older brother's expression, Hanlu couldn't believe what he saw as if he knew exactly what that expression was trying to say.

"Hey!! That's not true, I am here for business. I will never cheat on my lovely wife and children ever again," Hanlu defended himself because he knew Laotian's earlier expression was somewhat judging him for being at the hotel instead of at work where he's been absent for weeks now since Ian Andrews entered his third trimester.

"I did not say anything, Hanlu," Laotian finally said and stepped inside the elevator where Hanlu also stepped in following him feeling wronged.

"Yeah, you didn't but your eyes kept judging me... anyway, I'm here to check on the movie production progress since I'm the largest investor. I have a valid reason to be here, as for you..." Hanlu explained as he defended before he looked at his older brother in curiosity. Hanlu used to be at different hotels before he married Ian but right now he has changed. He would never ever cheat again especially now that he's going to be a father again. As for Laotian, it's not that he didn't sleep with women before he met Daniel but he only does it once every couple of months when his Alpha instinct was at its peak.

". . ." Meanwhile, not replying to the obviously curious gaze, Laotian just kept his eyes ahead. After his talk with the secretary of defense yesterday, he felt like it was better to go and talk to Tian Zi. There was no particular reason but he just wanted to tell the news in person and maybe also a little curious about how his rebellious youngest brother would react to it.

"Ahh, I know. You're meeting Xiao Zi. They're staying at this hotel for the rest of the week for the movie," Hanlu guessed as he smiled knowing for sure that his older brother wasn't cheating because if he was, he would definitely get his nephews and make them live with him.

"Oh but it's rare for you to just visit like this," Hanlu mentioned again because knowing Laotian, he's someone who's even too lazy to talk much more going in person to talk to someone even if they're family.

"Well, he asked for MY help," Laotian replied, emphasizing the word "MY", knowing that Hanlu would be jealous of him if he found out that their youngest brother, who never asked for help, came to him and asked instead of Hanlu. Laotian briefly shifted his gaze towards the younger Alpha and as expected, Hanlu could not believe it. First of all, what kind of problem does their baby brother have to have him ask for help for the first time ever, and secondly, why did he not know this? Why did Tian Zi only ask Laotian's help? Is he not reliable at all?

". . ." It was Hanlu's turn to become silent as he just didn't know what to say until the elevator finally stopped and door opening.

"Then, if you will just excuse me," Laotian teased and went ahead and took a step out, trailing the way to Tian Zi's room but it wasn't that long for Hanlu to recover and continued to follow him while bombarding him with questions.

"What kind of help did he ask from you?!... Wait, in the first place, why did he ask you? I'm way closer to him than you! Are you even sure he asked for help and not a car? I mean, he's changed now but he's still the little Xiao Zi that we know. I can give him cars too," Hanlu chattered nonstop that he almost exploded Laotian's ears.