105 - Painted Black

* * *

Tian Zi was sitting on his office chair while seriously working on his company files to finish it as soon as possible, however, when the door to his office busted open, he was quick to remove his eyes from the papers before his expression brightened from a serious one at the view of his beloved.

"Hi, good morning! Is your body okay?" Needless to say, Tian Zi put down his files and stood up to meet his lover's disheveled state before he greeted him sweetly. When he reached Fyre, he didn't hesitate and swiftly grabbed his waist to pull the Omega close to him. He was about to kiss Fyre but the Omega was quick to block his mouth and frowned.

"I-I'm fine but I just woke up. I haven't washed my mouth yet," Fyre said while observing Tian Zi's behavior and it looked like he didn't know about the headlines just yet, making him feel a little bit relieved.

"I don't mind," Tian Zi chuckled and proceeded to remove the Omega's hand but as persistent as he could be, Fyre stubbornly refused to kiss, avoiding the Alpha's advances which made Tian Zi pout.

"Ahh, stop it! I told you I smell bad... A-Anyway, have you been away from your phone since this morning?" Fyre continued to avoid him until finally, he was able to get away and managed to ask.

"No, you're not. And yeah, why do you ask?" Tian Zi replied, working on that kiss but he was also a little confused as to why Fyre asked him about him being on his phone. When he woke up this morning he went straight to the gym and exercised for an hour. He then took a shower and had breakfast after, and now he's been working on the files he left yesterday. He didn't have the time to check his phone today since he didn't have a reason to.

Before he only really did have his phone all the time because he constantly texted Fyre and if not they were playing mobile games online so he really is not sure why Fyre asked him about him being on his phone. Tian Zi remained confused until he suddenly remembered today's headlines that his older brother emailed to him early this morning with a couple of messages saying to have Fyre quit acting when he was the one who schemed on having the Omega in the movie in the first place.

"Really?! That's a relief," Fyre exclaimed as he sighed. He really thought that the Alpha would jump to conclusions before he could explain to him what was happening since he wasn't able to tell him yesterday. But then again, Tian Zi might not even react to the headlines because clearly, that was just a publicity stunt to promote the movie and also divert people's attention from the current big scandal both of them had exposed to the public to save Maverick. Surely, Tian Zi wouldn't be so narrow-minded as to not understand the job that he had recently entered.

"Oh, are you worried about today's news?" Tian Zi suddenly mentioned smiling, however even though he was clearly smiling, there were no wrinkles on the side of his eyes, therefore, indicating that it wasn't as genuine as his other smiles. Fyre was quick to notice it because Tian Zi was not really that expressive so he already memorized most of the Alpha's expressions and the one he's showing now gave a bad feeling that Fyre subconsciously took a step back.

"Y-You knew?!" Fyre stuttered in surprise.

"Yeah." Tian Zi simply replied.

"And you're not mad?"

"Yeah, why would I be? Is there something about that that I should be mad about?" Tian Zi asked, still maintaining his smile as he inched close to his lover who would then take a step back.

Truth be told, of course, Tian Zi was madly jealous! Not long ago people were talking about him and Fyre might be dating and now that a video of the Omega came out together with an actor, they were quick to change sides and say that the both of them had fallen in love at first sight? How can he not be mad at it!? But of course, it's not that this was Fyre's fault so he wasn't angry at him but it would be a lie if he said he wasn't in the slightest bit upset about it.