74 - The Suffering Didn't End (2)

* * *

Arriving at the hospital holding each other's hands, Fyre and Tian Zi were forced to separate, seeing a massive ruckus in front of what they believed was Elder Sullen's room. Everyone was outside and they could both understand what was happening just seeing the situation that they quickly approached and worriedly further assessed the situation.

"This was all your fault! Father is like that right now because of what you've done!" Gared Sullen yelled while he was being held by Joaquinn and Ashton because if they didn't, it looked like he wouldn't think twice about beating the poor Omega again.

"Dad, stop it! This is not the time for this. Grandpa wouldn't want this to happen to us right now!" Joaquinn yelled in frustration, holding his father back. He was already so worried about Maverick who had been crying for days now and now this! He had already been through a lot. If he knew this was going to happen, he would not have let Gared Sullen know about the Elder's condition. He should have known better than anyone what his father's reaction would be. He should not have hoped that he would act like a decent human being.

"Uncle, please stop! This was nobody's fault!" Daniel conveyed desperately and anxiously, not being able to hold back while holding Maverick who couldn't utter a single word against his father. Daniel knew full well that the older Omega had been blaming himself all this time and hearing someone—his father—say it to him straight in his face must have hurt so much. Daniel knew this feeling well and it breaks his heart to know that his cousin was feeling this way as well. Their grandfather was lying in a coma. This was nobody's fault and if there was someone to blame, then it wouldn't be Maverick. Maverick had suffered enough, shouldn't his uncle shoulder a little bit of responsibility, and or if he couldn't, he shouldn't have caused so much commotion. Long ago Daniel thought that his uncle was better than his biological father, George, but now he's taking back those words. At least, his father learned how to accept and ask for forgiveness.

"Shut up! I'm not talking to you!" Gared yelled furiously, his eyes were almost bloodshot, glaring at Daniel immediately, making everyone believe that this had been enough. They respected Gared's rights because he was also Elder Sullen's son but his conduct was unbecoming. He did not just inconsiderately barge inside the hospital room like a tidal wave, grabbed Maverick's arm out of nowhere—almost slapping him again!—before throwing him on the floor, but he also began yelling, blaming the poor Omega for all of this. Gared Sullen had always been the calm and mature type of person, he didn't talk much and one would believe that he was the kind that would ever throw his hands at someone but seeing him now—and to his son at that—it was obvious that they had judged him wrong.

"No! You shut up!" Daniel quickly countered, glaring back at Gared. His eyes were teary but he held on, trying to keep his anger and sadness. He would no longer stand still being yelled at because he knew he wasn't wrong. He used to respect his uncle because he was one of those people who even though didn't show any affection towards him when he was young, he at least tried to act as if he was family but in this instance, all that respect had disappeared.

"T-This happened because grandfather couldn't accept that he raised someone like you! This wasn't Mav's fault! This was all on you, Uncle. At times like this, why can't you just find it in your heart to accept your mistakes? Grandfather is fighting for his life right now and all you could think about was yourself! And blame everything on others. What kind of son are you!?" Daniel yelled back, his delicate fingers formed into a fist. It has been a while since he had gotten this angry and he didn't like it because it felt like his chest was going to burst and it was painful. If he didn't let it out, the pain would become more and more unbearable. Just imagining that the man in front of him—the same blood running in their veins—made him feel disgusted for allowing his own son to do such an awful thing.