35 - Vacation (2)

* * *

Getting back from the beach with Lan and Luangmin, as soon as he noticed Fyre, Ian quickly marched towards him and without a warning pulled the young Omega into his arms for a hug. Since he'd discovered what had happened, he had been feeling so guilty about it. He knew that it was because of him and Hanlu that his fellow Omega had to experience what was happening to him now.

"I'm so sorry for what happened. We didn't prepare enough and let this happen to you. I hope you can forgive us, Fyre. Luu's already trying to fix it," Ian said and continued to hug the poor Omega. On the other hand, Fyre awkwardly smiled and patted Ian's shoulder. He won't lie. He did blame Ian Andrews, Mo Hanlu, and the rest of the Mo family at some point but he also knew that none of them wanted this to happen. And that it was not their fault that people are just very interested in their private lives.

"Please. You don't have to apologize. I'm happy that you're concerned but I know that none of you here ever wished for this to happen so it's fine. And I am fine... Jonathan rescued me before anything serious happened." Fyre smiled helplessly before they separated from the hug.

"I'm so glad you're fine. I wouldn't know what to do if you were to get hurt." Ian said and smiled as well in relief. He already felt bad about that time when he and Hanlu were caught having sex in the kitchen and almost made the younger Omega experience something horrible and traumatic so having the public turn against him just because they happened to make him his maid of honor made him felt worse than ever. No one should ever deserve being treated this way especially Fyre who they only begged to take the position. If they knew this was going to happen, they should've just made Daniel his maid of honor. That way, none of this would have happened.

Meanwhile, as their conversation progressed, Tian Zi's face turned hard upon hearing from Fyre that he was not the one who rescued him. He was grateful to Jonathan, but he was starting to regret ever calling him to help Fyre in his stead. If he had been a few hours early and saved Fyre instead, they wouldn't be in their situation now where the two of them were not talking to each other.

"Anyway, you're here to forget about everything. If you need anything, whatever it is, just ask Tian Zi about it. He may act like that, but he cares for you." Ian smiled again. He wasn't that close to Tian Zi but the young Alpha will surely follow his order because he had something between them that no one knew about. And that if someone were to know, he didn't know what would happen to the young Alpha facing his older brother Hanlu.

This secret was from years ago, when the 17-year-old Alpha tried to hit on him. At that time, Ian didn't know Tian Zi was Hanlu's younger brother and may have accidentally punched the poor Alpha in the face. But after all these years have passed, and with Ian having now married Hanlu, Tian Zi came to him and asked him to keep the past incident a secret from Hanlu. Knowing how jealous Hanlu can be, even though nothing happened between them, he might punish his younger brother harshly.

"Yeah, Fyre... when Tian Zi learned what was happening. He immediately flew back just to get you." Daniel smiled as he exposed the Alpha.

"R-Really?" Fyre asked and couldn't help but blush as he peeked at Tian Zi. When he discovered that Tian Zi was also looking at him so intensely, his heart skipped a beat and his face turned even redder. Ian and Daniel immediately noticed this and looked at each other's eyes. There were no words exchanged between the two but they smiled and suddenly both of them held each side of Fyre's shoulders.

"Alright, how about you two go take a walk on the beach and talk??" Ian suggested while Daniel nodded, slightly swaying his feeding baby in his arms.

"That's right! Lan and Minmin still wanted to play so please take them for a short trip. They're both very good kids so you'll only have to make sure they won't go into the water since it'll be dark soon." Daniel added with a bright smile while Ian pushed Fyre towards Tian Zi.