59 - All Over the Internet

* * *

With the awkward moments between Fyre and Tian Zi over and with Fyre having already taken contraceptives, which they bought from the local drug store after taking a short detour, they drove back to Tian Zi's private residence. The ride to their destination was silent. It was a little awkward, but the atmosphere wasn't uncomfortable. Instead, it was rather calming, even though both Tian Zi and Fyre were deep in their own thoughts. Each was thinking of their situation and becoming flustered thinking about what had happened as a whole that neither of them even realized that they had arrived already.

"Let me open the door for you." Tian Zi said as he pulled his car up to his garage. Normally Fyre would open the door for himself, but today Tian Zi wanted to do it for Fyre. He has been thinking about doing it from now on.

"Hmm, okay," Fyre replied with a blush. This was new to him, but it didn't sound so bad. He'd hated being treated like he was some fragile thing before but sometimes, he did like it, ...especially when Tian Zi was to do it to him. He couldn't help but feel happy. Back then, he used to think that Tian Zi was being nice to him because he was trying to make him fall for him, purposely treating him nicer than the rest. But Fyre found out later that that was not the case at all and that Tian Zi was genuinely nicer to him because he truly treated him as his close friend, even though most of the time they fought and teased each other.

Quickly hopping out, walking around the car hood to the other side, Tian Zi offered his hand to Fyre as he opened the door for him. "Let me help you out." Fyre was a little flustered seeing the palm in front of him but he accepted it anyway because he needed it for the time being, especially since he couldn't deny that his body was still sore from last night.

"Thank you," Fyre said, holding Tian Zi's warm palm to which the Alpha responded with a satisfied smile. It may seem cringy, but now that he knew what his true feelings for Fyre were, the desire to treat Fyre even better intensified. It was to the point that he didn't care whether he looked just like his older brothers to their wife, or even worse. He just wanted Fyre to feel loved and cared for, knowing his personality.

"I want to treat you better from now on, so please don't reject me." Tian Zi whispered softly, which quickly brought a red tint on the Omega's cheeks. He was well aware that he shouldn't act so demure about this, but he hadn't yet recovered from the Alpha's confession so he'd probably have this kind of reaction for a while before he got used to it.

"O-okay... suit yourself..." Fyre stuttered shyly before he hastily marched off, leaving Tian Zi chuckling at his retreating figure. Not long after, Tian Zi followed Fyre into the house, still laughing. As soon as they entered the foyer, they were greeted by his butler who then led them to the living room. Upon entering, they were greeted by everyone within with dreadful expressions. Maverick, Joaquinn, Ashton, and even Jonathan were all sitting on the couch as they simultaneously looked in his and Fyre's direction.

"What happened?" Tian Zi was the first to ask due to Fyre suddenly standing stiff at seeing Jonathan. Seeing him reminded him of what had happened days ago. He really didn't want to see Jonathan now, but he quickly decided to forget about that matter first and focus on Maverick since it looked like something serious had happened when they were gone.

"Yeah, what's happening?" Fyre added, following his previous thought.

"It's all over the internet," Joaquinn replied and helplessly glanced at Maverick who was cowering at the edge of the couch, hugging a throw pillow.

"What do you mean?" Fyre asked again, despite having an idea what might have been all over the internet. He was not fond of social media, especially after his scandal years ago, so he had not been on the internet today. Plus, his mind was filled with Tian Zi since early morning so he had not been on his phone except when looking at the time, so he wasn't sure what was all over the internet.