167 - Clean Hands

* * *

"Tch, he really did that on purpose to tease me again," Tian Zi complained as he drove off from the hospital because it's not like they didn't have people who could do it for him.

"You're overthinking, what's his purpose for teasing you like this?" Fyre commented because his lover was probably reading way too much between the lines. Mo Hanlu may really just have forgotten to prepare since his head is filled with his wife's labor. He's probably more worried about his child and wife's safety than a couple of things.

"You don't know him that well yet. Even if he didn't have any reason, he would do just about anything to annoy me. He stopped bothering Eldest brother right now because his wife is pregnant so all his attention is directed to me," Tian Zi replied in frustration. He really thought his older brother would change after settling down but for some reason unknown, he had gotten worse. It's like he'd die if he didn't play.

"Still, I don't think he would annoy you with a 100% without reason... but anyway, it's not really that bad. This just means he trusted you and maybe this is his way of showing you his affection," Fyre said again. Of course, he also find it confusing as to why Hanlu needed to meddle onto things that he shouldn't or do things that would annoy people around him but even though the Alpha is like that, he does not believe Mo Hanlu is an irrational man.

"Affection my ass, he just wants to make fun of me," Tian Zi complained again, making Fyre chuckle because Tian Zi was just too different when he's with his family and when he's with him.

"Come one, don't take it to heart. And to make you feel better, how about I treat you? It's been a while since I've bought you something, right?" Fyre cooed softly. Since Tian Zi liked to pay for everything when they go out, Fyre never really had a chance to treat the Alpha. The last time he did was when they bought take-out. At that time the Alpha wanted to pay as well but he won the argument somehow and paid with his own money.

"I don't really want you to spend you money for me. Why don't I treat you instead? It's not like the patient would wake up right away."

"Nope! It's my turn to treat you. You always treat me so now it's my turn. And fyi, I have money if that's what you are worried about. My bank account's been lonely since I started living with you so you have to let me spend this time," Fyre raised his brows and said as he crossed his arms against his chest. Truth be told, he's actually earning quite a lot from his hacking skills alone. Although he wasn't as wealthy as Tian Zi, he does have money that can support him even if he didn't work for a couple of years.

"Well, I do know that you have money but I just don't want you to spend," Tian Zi replied stubbornly. It just doesn't sit well in him to make Fyre pay but then again if this makes his lover happy, then maybe it's not to bad to have him feed him once in a while.

"Tch. Fine... I don't want us to argue about this anyway," Tian Zi said at the end, making Fyre smiled triumphantly.

"Good. The let's go to the must expensive restaurant after we run the errand," Fyre said enthusiastically to earned a chuckle from Tian Zi finding his lover adorable. He was about to comment about how cute he was when his cellphone suddenly rang catching both of their attention. And because he was driving, Fyre was the one who took his phone and accepted the call after showing him that is was Jonathan who was calling him.

"What does he want?" Tian Zi mumbled as Fyre finally pressed the receive icon on the screen.

"Hello, Zi's driving right now so can't accept the call," Fyre said as soon as the call connected.

[F-Fyre? I heard you were kidnapped? Are you okay? I've landed in the country just now, I want to meet you,] Jonathan said urgently as soon as he recognized Fyre's voice. It took him a few days to hear the news he was busy and was trying his best to forget Fyre but as soon as he heard, he was not able to resist and immediately flew even though he had prior commitments.