Chapter 37

ELIZABETH HAD NEVER BEEN MORE FURIOUS. It had been an extremely crappy night. She knew she'd told Bucky her deepest secret: She really did care about soulmates. It absolutely shattered her when Bucky and Steve rejected her. All she had ever wanted was her soulmates and for her soulmates to love her. She would've even given up the farm for all of her soulmates. She knew Bucky was there when she fell asleep.

He was gone when she woke up again. And Hogun and Loki weren't back either.

Nor had she seen Tony and Stephen as they both disappeared into the lab and library respectively. And Sam had seemed in such a bad mood she felt quite alone.

And then Y/N was asking all of these questions, pressing. And Y/N had revealed that Tony had known about why Steve hated her. And that he hadn't told her!

And Y/N just kept pushing and pushing and Elizabeth snapped.

At least she didn't freeze a coffee table this time.

"Just shut up!" She shouted at Y/N, "Who the hell do you think you are? You have no rights to complain here!"

"Neither do you!" Y/N snapped. She'd stood up at some point, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning against the wall by the kitchen exit. "You've got everything you want!"

"Excuse me!" Elizabeth was fuming now. "Everything? You're so stupid Y/N! How could I possibly have everything! You have all of your soulmates! All of your soulmates love you! Mom loves you! Dad loves you! God fucking everyone loves you Y/N! You've even got friends! You've got a real job! You're going to be the Queen of Asgard!"

"So what?" Y/N smarted. "So what! You've got all of that too!"

"Mom tried to have me killed!"

"You have amazing superpowers that you could use to become an Avenger!"

"I don't want them! I never wanted them! And you! You who hates the farm, hates everything about the farm, you got the most amazing superpower ever!" Elizabeth shrieked, eyes brimming with stupid tears. "Are you kidding me right now? Do you know how much harvest I could bring in if I had your powers? What I could do with the farm if I had the ability to control nature like you?"

By now, just about everyone had gathered around the kitchen doors. From where Elizabeth was standing, she could only see Wanda who looked anxious, but a hint of dark skin meant that either Sam or Rhodey was standing just slightly behind her. And Elizabeth was sure that they weren't the only people there.

"It's a useless power!" Y/N smarted. "I don't see why you've got to be so angry at me!"

"Why the hell are you jealous of me?" Elizabeth asked. "You went ahead and got your stupid superpowers because you were so jealous that I had superpowers. And now, you hate them! I mean seriously!"

"Jealous!" Y/N shrieked, leaning away from the walls. "Why the hell does everyone keep asking if I'm jealous? Are you jealous?"

"YOU'RE RIGHT!" Elizabeth finally shouted at the top of her lungs. "YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU IT'S UNBELIEVEABLE! YOU HAVE LITERALLY EVERYTHING Y/N AND YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE IT. YOU HAVE AMAZING SOULMATES WHO ALL CARE ABOUT YOU! YOU'VE NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH REJECTION, YOU'VE NEVER HAD TO REALIZE THAT YOUR OWN SOULMATES THOUGHT YOU WERE CAPABLE OF KILLING YOUR OWN SISTER! YOU NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH ANY OF THE SHIT THAT I'VE DEALT WITH. YOU NEVER HAD TO LIVE, REALIZING THAT YOUR OWN MOTHER WANTED YOU DEAD! YOU'VE NEVER HAD TO BE LOCKED UP BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T CONTROL YOUR POWERS! YOU'VE NEVER HAD TO FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE AND BE HUMILIATED BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T KEEP YOURSELF SAFE!"

Elizabeth was sobbing at this point while Y/N stared at her like a gaping goldfish. "You're gorgeous and funny. You have a great sense of style and everyone likes you. You've never doubted yourself and you've always known what you want to do with your life. You've always reach your goals and you're the favorite. You've never had to work for anyone's praise or attentions, you always just got it. You got the friends and the boys and the teachers' approval no matter what! So yes. I'm jealous you! So fucking jealous."

Y/N's eyes were glittering and she shouted right back at Elizabeth, "FUCK YOU! SCREW YOU ELIZABETH! HOW DARE YOU SAY IT BEFORE ME! WHY'D YOU HAVE TO SAY IT FIRST! YOU THINK IT'S BEEN EASY? YOU THINK LIVING WITH THE GUILT THAT I ALMOST KILLED MY SISTER IS EASY? Oh yeah, it was easy for you because you're so SWEET that you could just fucking forgive me immediately. WELL IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT FOR ME! AND EVERYONE LOVES YOU! YOU'RE AN AMAZING COOK AND YOU'RE SO FUCKING SMART YOU COULD'VE GONE TO COLLEGE AND BECOME A DOCTOR! You really think you had no idea what to do with your life? You've always planned on running that farm! YOU ALWAYS STICK TO YOUR MORALS, NO MATTER HOW ANYONE ELSE SEES THEM! AND I ADMIRE THAT SO FUCKING MUCH."

Y/N slammed her fist against the table. "Everyone here took to you so easily. You fit in so easily! Even FURY loved you! I had to struggle to fit in! But everyone loved you immediately! And you HATE the city! How is that even possible! Why do you even think I pushed you off that cliff in the first place? I was jealous of you! I've always been jealous of you! God, as much as I knew I was the first born and mother kept telling me I was amazing, I never thought in a million years that my soulmates would choose me when you were the other option! You are so beautiful Elizabeth. Everyone's mouths dropped when you came down that staircase as the Asgardian ball and they never did that for me. Hell! Loki even chose you as his soulmate and added me on as a second! Sam preferred you over me! But you stand there and you say that your soulmates all rejected you! Fuck you! Of course I'm jealous of you! Fuck why did she have to be right!?"

Both Elizabeth and Y/N seethed in anger, both of them crying. Elizabeth collapsed into the chair at the kitchen counter, crying into her arms. Y/N sank down against the wall.

After a moment or two, the both of them calmed down and they looked at each other.

"Fuck you too." Elizabeth muttered.

Y/N let out a shaky laugh.

"I really am sorry." Y/N murmured, getting up and moving to sit next to Elizabeth. "God I had no idea you were jealous of me. I had no idea you thought I was better than you. I've never been better than you Elizabeth."

Elizabeth hiccupped, wrapping her arms around Y/N and snuggled into her.

There was some sort of cordial peace between the two of them that had never been there before.

And all the both of them could keep thinking was:

What happened next?