Chapter 33

TONY WAS HAVING A BLAST WITH THE HONEYMOON. He had only seen Elizabeth look happy on the farm. He knew she'd had a miserable time at the tower and he felt a very hard guilt that he was the one to blame for her being taken that night. He hadn't kept an eye on either girl to be fair, but he still felt as though it was his fault. He'd chosen the club, he'd gotten drunk, and he'd failed in keeping his soulmate safe.

But here, in the Bahamas, it felt like a different world. He wasn't huge on swimming, but he liked sitting on the beach, watching as Elizabeth splashed in the water, a huge grin on her face as Sam, Hogun, and Stephen chased her around.

Loki was not big on the water either, preferring to stay out of the water unless Elizabeth asked. And of course, being the considerate person she was, she very rarely asked him to join them in the water.

He watched now as Stephen tackled her into the waves and the both of them rose out of the water, laughing. A smile rose to his lips, watching both of the loves of his life laughing with each other.

He'd been worried at first, that even though she was willing to work with him and see where their relationship went, that she would not agree to do it with Stephen. But of course, that wasn't the type of person that she was. And he was glad that things had worked out so well between all of them.

Well, most of all of them, he corrected himself, glancing as Elizabeth broke free from Stephen and hid behind Sam.

He knew why Steve was avoiding Elizabeth- or at least suspected he knew. Actually, there seemed to be several reasons, starting with the fact that Elizabeth- according to Steve- looked something like Peggy. Personally, Tony couldn't see the resemblance. Elizabeth had longer, lighter hair. Not to mention she looked younger, didn't wear as much makeup, and actually looked beautiful.

But then again, he'd never been attracted to Peggy, and Steve had.

And then there was Clint who had mentioned that Y/N had had nightmares. Tony hadn't taken much stock into it when Clint explained Y/N had nightmares about Elizabeth killing her. Tony had nightmares all the time. In fact, nightmares were nothing new with the Avengers.

But Steve seemed to take them as a sign that Y/N must have some sort of trauma with Elizabeth to have those nightmares.

Tony was sure the nightmares originated from somewhere, but he couldn't imagine Elizabeth hurting Y/N or Y/N hurting Elizabeth. They were sisters and they didn't always get along, but for the most part they did. They weren't Loki and Thor at any rate.

But Tony supposed Steve thought he was doing something smart. Not engaging with Elizabeth to keep Y/N safe or something like that. Personally, he thought it was nonsense.

He caught Elizabeth's eye and she smiled warmly at him, before being knocked into the water once more by Hogun.

"Fucking dumbasses are going to hurt her if they keep pushing her in the water." Loki seethed quietly next to him.

Tony smirked, "Then why don't you get in the water and do something about it reindeer games?"

Loki glared at him.

Tony's phone buzzed in his pocket and he felt apprehension weigh heavily in his heart. He'd ordered F.R.I.D.A.Y. very deliberately that he was not to get any calls or reports or anything unless it was an emergency of the highest degree.

Which meant, as his phone was ringing, either triple spy had hacked his phone and was annoying him. . . or there was a high degree emergency.

He stood up from his lawn chair, walking back towards the villa to first get away from everyone, and second to hear better.