Chapter 5

YOUR BREATH CUT OFF WHEN TONY STARK entered the small coffee shop. It had been an unbusy day. There was a college student in the corner of the café, his head bent over his computer, wired buds in his ears, his back to the door so he didn't see Tony Stark when he entered.

Tanya was in the back somewhere at this moment, probably taking a smoke with the light flow of traffic coming through the shop.

You had been swiping along on your phone, looking at Instagram. Your parents had given you and Elizabeth phones when Elizabeth had been fourteen. You had been sixteen but it was because once you reached the teens, the ultimatum was going an entire school year with straight A's. Elizabeth had just done it sooner than you.

You'd upgraded your phone once you'd earned the money and you liked it a lot better. It ran smoother, had a lot more apps, and was slightly bigger than the other one, which was good for your hand size and manicured nails.

You slid the phone to side, shutting it off with a quick click. "Hello, what can I get you today?"

"A mocha frappe." He said with a dazzling smile. "Medium."

You didn't even bother asking for his name, going and getting a medium sized cup and trying not to spill anything or make a mess of his drink.

You handed it over to him. "$8.32."

"Overcharging there, aren't you?" He asked in what you thought was a serious tone.

"I-" You froze. But he was a billionaire?

He grinned again, "I'm kidding sweetheart."

Your heart melted and your knees felt weak.

"I'm guessing you're new at the shop. Haven't seen you around." He said, taking his coffee cup in one hand.

Of course, he knew perfectly well that you were new. He had never stepped foot into this coffee shop in his life. He barely went anywhere except between his bedroom, the shared kitchen, and the lab. And sometimes he didn't leave the lab for days until Stephen left the library long enough to drag him out.

He had thought you stunningly gorgeous the minute he'd walked through the door and figured that if he never met his other soulmate, that was alright because he had you. He couldn't wait to get to the point where he could take you up to his bedroom and skip the bed, just push you up against a wall and start fucking the brains out of you. Running his fingers through those long locks of hair.

"Yes, I've only been here for over a week now." You said, blushing lightly, reaching over to fix something on the counter.

He reached out and touched your hand. You froze for a second, before feeling a rush of heat on your chest. Your hand flew up to where the blue circular tattoo was imprinted. "Oh!"

"Hey soulmate." He said with a grin.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

HE'D ASKED FOR YOUR NUMBER, asked when your work ended, and you had given him your name, number, and work end time before he'd walked off with his mocha frappe, the promise of picking you up from work and taking you to Avengers tower to meet your other soulmates off his lips.

You could barely concentrate for the rest of the day.

When work finally did come to a close, you realized your hands were shaking as you took your apron off.

You rushed to the bathroom, taking a look at yourself in the mirror. You breathed in deeply, pulling out your purse to fix some touches to your makeup. Looks, were everything. You needed a good first impression with your manners, actions, and looks.