Chapter 4

Elizabeth 🧸❣️: That's fine. Sorry for not calling. Mom needed to have me get the strawberry patches ready for the season.

God you were glad that you weren't on the farm anymore. There had always been so much to do. You always wanted to enjoy the summer break from school and then you had to bust your back working with animals and plants instead of hanging with the few friends you had in that small town, getting Shirley temples at the small café on the corner street next to the cinema.

Now, you were free to do whatever you were so long it didn't clash with work. Which, you were going to be late for if you didn't get a move on.

You slipped out of bed, deciding to skip the long process of scrambling any eggs up, instead grabbing one of the yogurts Ivy had and a wrapped danish pastry in plastic.

"I'll see you when I get home from work." You called over your shoulder to Ivy who was just wandering out of her bedroom, rubbing her tired eyes.

"Yep." Ivy yawned. "I might be home. Kaylee and I are going out for drinks. You can come with if you want, we're meeting a bunch of people there."

"Sure, that sounds like fun." You grinned, "Any guys?"

Ivy winked, "Plenty."

You grinned.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

"HI, WHAT CAN I GET YOU TODAY?" YOU ASKED. Tanya was waiting in the corner, to make sure you had everything settled down. It was almost nearing your first week at work and everything had been smooth sailing.

"Hi, I need um, six black coffees, four coffees with sugar and cream, three carmel frappes, and two chocolate frappes." The lovely red head in front of you said. She was dressed in a business like state and looked rather professional. Almost familiar, but only like you'd seen her on the TV or something.

"Coming right up." You said, mentally counting in your head.

Tanya went ahead and helped you with the order since it was so large. You put four coffees at a time in the plastic carriers.

"Do you want some help carrying those to your car or wherever you're going?" You asked, leaning forward a little on the counter.

"Yes, that would be great, thank you." The woman who had put the last name down as 'Potts' said.

You took half the drinks and she took the other half and the two of you walked out to where a very large man was waiting in the driver seat of a long black limousine. You raised your eyebrows a bit, but said nothing, holding your tongue for once.

"Thank you." The woman- who you were starting to think might be Pepper Potts, head of Stark Industries- turned and said to you.

"Yeah, no problem." You said, feeling slightly breathless, but not wanting to make a big deal out of someone who might not even be who you thought they were. You turned to go, and then turned back when she said, "one second."

You turned back, slightly surprised. "Yes?"

"I was just. . . sorry, but I was curious about the tattoo on your chest." She half laughed. "Not that it was my business anyways, sorry."

"Oh, no it's fine." You said, moving the apron a little so she could see the strange blue tattoo there. "I don't know what it is though so that makes finding my soulmate a little harder. I know one's has to be a doctor but yeah. Oh well, thank you for buying the coffee."

"Oh, yes, thank you for helping me carry it out." She said, giving me a friendly smile and then walking over to get into the passenger seat of the limo.