Chapter 7

YOU WERE FURIOUS WITH IVY, THOUGH you hadn't told her so. Now that Elizabeth was aware that you had found your soulmates- and she knew when you had found them- you were going to have to tell them and her as soon as possible.

You had met Thor and Loki about two days ago. They'd come down through a shiny rainbow portal thing from some guy named Heimdall. Despite Ivy's warnings, you had accepted Loki's' bond and you actually liked him very much. You weren't entirely sure why the others treated him like he was someone to be feared.

Although, to be fair, he did his fair part of threatening to kill people.

You had already moved into Stark Tower and it was everything that you had dreamed it would be. Your bedroom was lavish, Tony had given you a card to buy anything you thought you might need. Your closet, for once, was filled with beautiful clothes.

"Hello princess." Thor said, wrapping his arms around you and you smiled, leaning back into his embrace.

"Hello honey." You smiled.

"Are you alright? You sounded upset with the phone call you received." Thor said, turning you around in his arms so that your chests were pressed together in the hug.

"Yeah, just some news I received. I wasn't quite ready to tell my family about my soulmates." You replied. "But my sister is a little upset about it, I think. My friend told me she told my sister about the soulmates, not realizing that I hadn't told my family yet."

"It's not your fault if you weren't ready to tell your family yet. Although, I can imagine that Loki would be upset had I not told him about you. But that is probably different as Loki is also your soulmate as well." Thor replied.

You looked up into his face, feeling just slightly guilty now. "Well. . . see. . . that's the thing."

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

ELIZABETH WASN'T UPSET THAT Y/N HADN'T told her about her soulmates. It was exactly as she had expected it to happen. Y/N, in her opinion, was scatterbrained and Elizabeth wasn't shocked to find that Y/N had either forgotten, or had just not thought it important to tell her about her soulmates.

Elizabeth didn't really care about soulmates. Soulmates, after all, weren't the powerful sort of love that was in books. The kind that meant you were bound to them, that there was unconditional love no matter what.

No, soulmates of this world were simply marked with tattoos. But there was nothing there that bound them to each other. No rules or laws that made them marry. Elizabeth already expected that they would reject her bonds, after having met Y/N.

Y/N was most likely more of who these people needed- or wanted. Y/N was a fan of the city, she was exuberant, and she was pretty.

Elizabeth was not. She had too much of her dad in her and without makeup she looked more like a guy with long hair than anything else. It took her ages to look anything remotely pretty and she would not leave the farm for anything, not even love.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

"SO YOU KNOW OUR OTHER SOULMATE?" Steve asked in surprise and interest.

"Yes." You replied, cheeks flushing from the shame of not telling them sooner. "Her name is Elizabeth and she's my sister."

"Your sister?" Tony asked in surprise.

They knew, of course, that you had a sister, but you had not bothered to tell them about the soulmate part.

"What's she like?" Sam asked.