LET THE STORY BEGIN

Start from the beginning

"I just— I just did not expect that it would hurt me this much. I love her. I didn't want the divorce. If you were to open my heart right now, it tells me not to leave Jennie. But my mind is really going crazy, Dan." Lisa is opening up.

"I know. Take your time." He smiled at her.

"If— if ever you've heard an opening post to any government agency you have a connection, please let me know. I am really desperate. This graphic design job I have now is great. But I have to earn more for my son and the tax of Jennie and I's property every year. I am begging you, Dan. Please help me just in case you have friends out there." Lisa is really in so much need of a regular job.

"Yes. I actually asked them yesterday. I know you are going to talk to me about this so I already did. But unfortunately, all posts are really full now. But I promise, once a good position opens, I will endorse you to my friends right away. Ugh! If only you did not resign, you are now the best Intelligence Director of all time, Lisa. You are better than me. You are my only choice to replace me. Do you know that? You're a genius, but so dumb in love." Mr. Daniel is really straightforward.

That actually made Lisa laugh. Because it is true.

They talked about a lot over coffee. Mr. Daniel Anderson is really a kind man. He has always been so good to Lisa at work. Well, maybe because Lisa has always been an ace at work and kind to her colleagues, too.

"You know what you need?" Out of the blue, Mr. Anderson asked.

"Hmmm?" Lisa looked at him.

"I have a farm. Two hours away from the city. Still part of New York. Do you like animals?" Mr. Anderson then sipped his coffee.

Lisa nodded and waited for him to continue.

"Have you heard of alpacas?" He asked.

"Yes. Jennie finds them so cute! We were supposed to visit an alpaca farm before. But it just didn't happen. Why?" Lisa is wondering.

"My farm has around twenty five alpacas. I've got six horses. Chickens you can't count and a pond where you can go fishing. Then I got a small dog there. My Kuku. He is so cute! What do you think?" Mr. Daniel is planning something.

Lisa is still quiet.

"You know what you need right now, Lisa? Peace. Live there at my farm. Food is free and organic. Be the manager. I am opening a café beside my farm. A farm to table experience as it is tagged. If you just want, go manage it. I'll give you your salary every month. Then if someday you're fine and you have moved on. Or you'll have a better job, then up to you to leave or not. No one's going to hear you cry there. You can scream all you want. Ride the horse anytime and let the cute faces of our alpacas make you smile.

I am serious. You need to breathe, Lisa. Help yourself. For you. For your son. And also for Jennie if you still like. But what's important now, as I have said, is your own peace."

Lisa was surprised. She likes the offer right away. She's out of words.

"But about your salary, sorry I can't give you same digits you were earning before. You know. I am also leaving for Prague. I miss my wife. It's also time for me to spend the rest of my life with her. But I will visit the farm maybe twice a year." Mr. Daniel is ready to enjoy his retirement.

"It's fine. Dan, how can I thank you? You've always been so good to me! From securing the privacy and confidentiality of my  marriage with Jennie to all our documents and some other stuff. Now that we are already separated, you are still here to help me. You don't have to give me a monthly salary. A place for me to stay to divert my mind is enough. Thank you so much, Dan!" Lisa is really blessed.

"No. I am giving you your monthly salary. That's the right thing to do. And you are always welcome, Lisa."

Before they parted, it became really emotional again. Mr. Anderson gave Lisa a lot of advice about life. He encouraged her to acknowledge what she feels. But never give up. He knows that Lisa is all alone in her life. No family.

He even asked Lisa to go with him on the bank. Lisa was shocked when he handed her a good amount of money. She didn't accept it but Mr. Dan insisted. He told her to treat that as if it's a missed bonus when they are still working together. Damn! It's more than $3000! The man added that he doesn't know what to do with his money since he and his wife are incapable of having a child. He also said that if not because of Lisa, his office wouldn't get a high rating before and it's all because of her genuis strategies at work. So, Lisa should accept it.

When kindness and humanity merge, oh, what a light feeling!