Anguish

My heart

My heart..what a passionate thing it is, what a loving thing it is, what a pathetic thing it is.

My heart was sympathetic towards the Cullen's, however my mind was not..I choose my head.

My stunningly sharp arrow, with precision pierced into the target I sloppy drew onto a tree with a swoosh. The speed it emitted caused the brown locks of my hair to fall gracefully behind my back.

I deeply stared at my shaking arrow that was embedded into the tree with a hint of frustration. I must have dulled the heads of my arrows as it soon fell off the tree and onto the floor.

Sighing deeply I went to walk towards the tree before I heard a twig snap softly behind me, my instincts kicked in instantly as my hand quickly reached to load my bow and arrow up.

My eyes hastily searched the forest for any signs of movement my hand itching to release my arrow into the intruder.

Hearing a swoosh behind me I quickly turned around my hand letting the arrow fly. The sound of it piercing flesh hit my ears before my eyes could get the chance to see who or what is was I hit as the only thing it left behind was nothingness, leaving me alone in the dark of the forest once more.

Breathing heavily I shakily lowered my bow back down to my side before searching for my phone. Once grabbing ahold of the device I punched in my mother's number.

It took two rings before her cheerful voice rang through the phone "Hi sweetie, everything okay? How did training go? Did u manage to catch anything? Oh actually that reminds me I bought some chicken on my way home, you know your favourite-"

"Mom"

"- yes?"

"Can you ask head quarters for some more arrows to be delivered for tomorrow? Mine are too dull to be used for anything other than training"

"Oh sure sweetie I'll order them now"

"Thanks mom.. I'll be home soon- I've got some business to finish before I do"

"Sure sweetie, see you later"

Pressing down on the red button to hang up, I let a sigh leave my lips when realising I had to meet up with Angela and Jessica- and Bella.

-Time Skip-

My motorbike came to a steady stop outside the small Cafe that I was going to be meeting the girls at. Twisting the keys out of the ignition I shoved them into my back pocket with a small huff.

I swung my leg off the bike before completely pushing myself off, taking off my helmet I gently placed it down onto the seat of my bike leaving it there.

Leaning against my vehicle I watched my surroundings carefully as the incident in the forest left me on edge.

The familiar voices of the girls filled my ears making me smile slightly, I watched as Angela slowly looked up from the ground as her eyes met mine and in an instant she broke out in a sprint towards me.