184 - No Such Thing

Start from the beginning

But now that he had found out that Fyre was going to marry, it hurt him but at the same time, he was glad. He was glad because, with this, he will be able to move on and forget that he had once loved Fyre so much that he no longer knows himself.

"You're my friend Quinn and I want you to be happy, I'm sorry I couldn't return your feelings," Fyre replied helplessly. After all, the Alpha is his friend. He's one of his very few friends so despite all of this, he'd still want to be friends if the Alpha is still willing to.

"It's okay. You didn't need to and I want us to stay friends too at least if it's not too much," Joaquinn conveyed and Fyre just nodded with a genuine smile this time, glad that there seemed to be nothing wrong at all.

"Yeah. I'd like that. I'll tell Zi not to pick a fight with you too," Fyre chuckled, making Joaquinn secretly take a sigh of relief. Of course, even though he said that he wasn't planning to pursue his feelings, that doesn't mean either that it'll be easy for him to erase his emotions. After all, there was no switch in his heart that he could just turn off and automatically, he wouldn't care for Fyre anymore. It'll take time but he's happy that he's able to tell the Omega what he felt. At least by that, he knew that he was a step closer to moving on. Well... at least that's what he thought.

"Yeah, you should probably tell him that," Joaquinn chuckled as he agreed, but he was so focused on Fyre that he didn't see one particular Alpha stepped inside the room and was now having a displeased expression. Fyre, however, immediately noticed Tian Zi coming in so he lost his smile knowing what exactly is running inside his lover's head.

"You're persistent as fuck!" Tian Zi expressed, raising his voice a little bit, catching both Daniel and George's attention. Daniel's hospital room was rather big and now that everyone had left to do something leaving only Fyre and him, even if Daniel had a conversation with his Dad and Fyre to Joaquinn, they can't really hear each other if they purposely minimize their voice unless you eavesdrop. However, now that Tian Zi had arrived and raised his voice, all eyes suddenly shifted to him.

"Zi!" Fyre immediately panicked and ran towards his lover and pushed him to the door. "Uhmm, excuse us for a sec," Fyre excused in a hurry and finally managed to get the Alpha out of the room.

"What's wrong with you picking a fight again?" Fyre asked frustratingly with a hushed voice. Tian Zi however remained frowning in displeasure.

"I asked you to stay away from him. Why are you still talking and laughing at each other?" Tian Zi asked and he obviously sounded pouting despite his expression.

"Zi you're being so unreasonable. I told you I can't just not talk to him and the guy didn't even do anything," Fyre said, frowning as well. "Quinn is a friend, why can't you understand that?" He added.

"But I don't like it," Tian Zi replied stubbornly. He absolutely hated it. He hated it when such a man stares at his mate with such affection. It bothers him a lot and he can't help getting jealous. And it's not like he didn't try to not to let it affect him but it still does no matter how he tried. Back then he thought he'd never be jealous but he was wrong.

"Zi..." Fyre called in frustration but this time his frown disappeared as he neared his mate before reaching out for his arm to touch. "Do you trust me?" Fyre asked and of course, without a doubt, Tian Zi replied immediately.

"Of course I do."

"Then you don't have to worry about anything, okay?" Fyre said with a helpless smile and soon hugged the Alpha, pressing his chin against his chest so that they would still be looking at each other due to their height difference. Seeing this, Tian Zi became silent at first, and of course, he was still against it but he really can't go against the Omega's words. Besides, if he still insisted, he was afraid they would fight again and he didn't want that.

"I trust you but that does not mean I won't get jealous because I would. I already told you how jealous I am," Tian Zi reminded and Fyre just nodded with a smile.

"Fine. If you're jealous, I'll hug you like this, okay?" Fyre said but instead of feeling happy about it, Tian Zi just pouted before he lifted his hands and touched his lover's cheeks.

"A hug wouldn't be enough. You should kiss me like this..." Tian Zi said and without waiting for Fyre to reply, he leaned down and claimed his lover's unsuspecting lips. Fyre was caught by surprise and at first, he tried to let it be until he realized they were in the hospital hallways and people walking by could just see them kissing so he quickly tried to struggle away pushing Tian Zi. But alas, there was no way the Alpha was going to let him go and instead deepened his kiss pulling his lover even closer to him. Meanwhile, worried that the fellow Alpha would do something to Fyre despite what Fyre had said, Joaquinn stepped out of the room only to see the two kissings so passionately in front of the door.

Joaquinn was frozen to his spot and blushed when he heard Fyre moan being pressed against his lover's body. Naturally, it pained him to see the very first person he had fallen into in another man's arms but at the same time, he couldn't remove his eyes from the two who still had not noticed him until they separated with labor breaths. And since Fyre was facing his direction and Tian Zi with his back, it was the Omega who first noticed him and squealed in surprise before his whole face turned completely red.

"ACkk! My God!" Fyre squealed in surprise before he cowered against Tian Zi's chest in embarrassment. Again, seeing this felt like a sword stabbed into his heart but Joaquinn quickly played it cool and smiled. Since he's used to hiding his emotions due to how they were raised, it was easy for him to disregard what he had felt despite how painful it was to the point where he felt numb.

"What do you want?!" Tian Zi growled with a deep frown as if he was a wolf defending his mate from another male as he hugged Fyre, noticing the fellow Alpha. Joaquinn however maintained his smile before he finally sighed.

"I came out thinking the two of you were fighting but I guess I was wrong," Joaquinn started. "Look, I'm not trying to ruin your relationship. Fyre's yours. I may have feelings for him but I also know that Fyre already has you and I'm not shameless enough to go in between you especially when you are soon going to get married. I only wanted to be friends with him but if that's too much to ask then I'll try not to involve myself with Fyre as much as possible. I'll avoid him if that's going to make you feel more relieved," Joaquinn said. Although it's unfortunate, as an Alpha himself, he understands where Tian Zi was standing to a certain extent because if it was him he'd also dislike another Alpha befriending his fiance although he'd never forbid his Omega to cater to his demand.

". . ." At the same time, as Tian Zi listened, he gritted his teeth, still squeezing Fyre into his body. He already expressed how he disliked the thought of Fyre and Joaquinn being friends but at the same time, if telling Fyre to cut his relationship with the Alpha would cause them to fight, then he didn't want that.

"Tch. Forget it. Although I don't trust you at all, I trust Fyre," Tian Zi said. There was still a bit of reluctance but he suppressed himself as he let go of Fyre. "But if I ever see you making a move on him, be prepared. I'll smash that face myself," he threatened with a growl. In this world, there was no such thing as friendship between an Alpha and an Omega which is why this is how he reacts to the fellow Alpha wanting to be friends with Fyre but if this would mean that his relationship with Fyre turns sour, then he'd rather trust his mate and be sure to break Joaquinn's restrained face until it's unrecognizable if he ever does something to his lover.

"Then I'll give you permission. Thanks for your consideration," Joaquinn smiled again kindly before shifting his gaze to Fyre who was all this time looking at his lover.

* * *

To be Continued...

VOTE.COMMENT.FOLLOW.

A/N: Love Chase is ending on my Patreon page, support me now and read it in advance. You will not only satisfy your inner avid but you will also help you create more stories after this series. Furthermore, by becoming a patron, you will also have an early peek at my next projects which I won't be announcing anytime soon. You'll get an exclusive content at just $2! Visit my page now and reconsider. All links are on my bio.