[ Chapter 94 : Sisterhood ]

Start from the beginning

" I'll guard your door and tell you if anything happens " Heidi said then leave the room while Laurence turns around to me.

" Sisterhood? " He asked, I snicker.

" I thought you didn't wanted to try " I said.

He place his hand over Esmé's head and caress her gently as she gradually calms down.

" I notice how Heidi is always there whenever we're in trouble or something comes up " he said.

" We grew up together, that's all you need to know " I said, he pulls me closer to his body by my waist while I comfort Esmé.

" Jemma, you and the staff should go home " Laurence said.

" Why is that? " Jemma asked.

" Since we'll be staying here, there's going to be chaos any moment, your lives shouldn't be in between us " Laurence said.

" He's right, go home Jemma, inform the others " I said, she stood there and sigh.

" I want to stay " she said.

" I've served my mistress for a while to know how much you two are in love with each other so I am willing to stay and take care of your daughter for you " she said, I smile.

" We appreciate it and thank you " Laurence said.

" I will inform the rest of the staff as you request "

~ Time Skip ~

It's been half an hour.

I strike the blade of my axe with the stone and use my thumb to feel how sharp it is but it's just not enough for me so I keep striking my blade, looking over my shoulder while I'm sitting on this balcony railing where I see Laurence in the room carrying Esmé in his arms. He's just humming to her while he walks around the room in his armor, I look back at my axe seeing how it shines from the sunsetting in the distance. I just toss the stone to the floor since it's already sharp and my arm is tired. I lift up my axe vertically and let the handle rest on the surface of the marble railing, looking at the handle that has custom engravings on it.

This is a new one Derek got for me since I broke my very first one on the first night of school, I'm gonna miss that axe but this is one is better, bigger, durable and more lighter. At least it has more than one purpose other than chopping wood. I'm suppose to use it during the war but Derek gave me the bow so I had to put it away. I look up at the sky and I'm not a morning person, but the sun is beautiful this early, it's a little cold as well.

" Baby " I turn my head to the door to see Laurence standing there with Esmé.

" Baby? " I furrow my eyebrows and he smiles a little.

" Might as well call you that " he said, I snicker and swing my leg off the railing and hop off.

" Something come up? " I asked.

" No, just checking on you " he said.

I step forward giving a kiss to my daughter.

" We both know who's the real baby here. . . " I said, he smiles and look down at his daughter.

" You " I look up at him and he looks at me with his jaw dropped.

" I love you too " I peck his cheek before walking back in the room and towards the door.

" Where are you going? " I look over my shoulder.

" I'm gonna talk to Heidi for a minute " I said then open my door.

As I step out and leave the door I see Heidi leaning against the wall and holding an amulet token, she's just caressing it with her thumb, I also notice a teardrop pass her hand.