Chapter 47 - Angel

I was on my way to Blake's place or should I say Mr and Mrs Blake's place for dinner. When I got a text from Wade telling me he just landed. I called him the moment I reached the newlywed's house.

"Hey, how was the trip?", I asked while parking the car. "Tiring, I really wanted you to be here Angel", he whined making me smile. "I know but I promised Lily I'll be here tonight. She would have hated me if I changed my mind last minute. The woman can hold grudges for ages", my last sentence earned me a chuckle. Lily appeared out of nowhere and opened the door. "What are you doing? I've been waiting in the front forever. Is that Wade?", she said and grabbed my phone. Unbelievable.

"Hi, handsome... what?... I didn't know you were around... Jet lagged?... good, I'm sending you the address to get here... I'm not taking no for an answer, she's been hiding you long enough... I'm a newlywed and since you missed my wedding you're not entitled to your freedom... fantastic... see you in a bit", she hang up and typed stuff. "What did you just do?", I asked with shock. "Invited your boyfriend over, it's time we meet him away from Olympia's prying eyes", she said with sass.

We got out of the car and went inside. "Everyone Angel's here!", she shouted the moment we walked into the room. I was surprised to see Travis, Emily, Titan, and a blonde, must be his girlfriend because the woman was practically glued to his side. Max and Rachel were standing next to Axel. Iris was sitting on Anthony on the love couch taking selfies. I jumped right in the middle of one making her scream and push me away. We started laughing. "Wife, we're all here can we go eat?", Blake asked with his hand settling on my shoulders. "No we're waiting for someone", she said then winked at me.

We went on talking and enjoying our drinks for like twenty minutes when we heard a doorbell ring. Lily ran to the front making me roll my eyes at her. "Who got her that excited?", Blake asked and before I could answer she walked in holding hands with a smiling Wade, he looked so sexy in his black dress shirt, black jeans, and white sneakers.

"Everyone Wade is here! We can eat now", she said overly excited. "This is out of office Wade?", Iris asked looking like she was processing his casual look then rushed to him with excitement. I thought they were exaggerating.

"Who the hell is Wade?", Anthony asked. "My boyfriend", I said making Travis choke on his drink. We all turned to look at him with questioning eyes. "He's our cousin brother", Titan said with a smirk, his eyes falling on a pissed Axel. Ground, please open up and swallow me whole.

"You have a boyfriend?", Blake asked looking confused. I nod making him blink a couple of times. "Guys! Come let's eat", Lily shouted from the dining room making us all follow. I ended up sitting between Anthony and Blake. They kept interrogating me the whole time we ate while Lily and Iris did the same with Wade, he looked like he enjoyed the attention though, unlike me.

"There you are", Wade said after finally being released by my obsessed friends. I smiled and hugged him. "I missed you. I'm sorry about all of this", I said earning a kiss on the forehead. "I'm not. Your friends are fun. I didn't know you knew Travis and Titan", he said looking amused. "I do, Emily is a long-time friend of mine", I said with a smile.

"I see Knox is trying to kill me with his eyes", he said with a smirk. I braced myself for something negative after his comment but it never came. "You're not mad?", I asked nervously. "Why would I be?", he asked looking lost. "I don't know. I mean, I have a history with the guy", I said trying to make him get my meaning. "True, but you're with me now and I trust you so...", he said comfortably. "Angel, is there something you're not telling me?", he asked making me shake my head. I pulled him in a kiss and thanked the heavens for him. He was so different from Axel and it was a breath of fresh air. He pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. Someone cleared their throat making us pull back. "Don't mind me, I'm still processing this", Travis said making me roll my eyes. "We're leaving in half an hour", I told Wade then smacked Travis on the back of the head while leaving the two alone.

"Wade is amazing", Iris said pulling me to the kitchen where we found Lily loading the dishes in the dishwasher. She looked like a wife. Iris and I ended up saying "aaawww" at the same time making her blush. "Guys, stop it. Tonight is not about me, it's about Angel. You know we see him at work looking all 'I'm the boss' but this care free version of him is simply amazing", she said while sitting on the kitchen counter. "What did he say about Axel? Coz your baby daddy looks pissed" Iris asked sipping her wine. "He doesn't mind. I was so worried and thought he would be angry but he was like 'I don't care', it feels good being with someone who trusts me", I said making us all toast to it.

We were finishing up on returning the dishes in the cupboard when Rachel rushed into the kitchen almost giving us a heart attack. "Angel, come quick!", she said then pulled me to the living room where we found Axel trying to have a face-off with a well-collected Wade.

"She's mine so stay the fuck away from her!", Axel shouted making my jaw hit the floor. He looked drunk and Blake and Travis were trying to hold him back. I rushed and stood in front of Wade. "Axel, what do you think you're doing?", I asked. He looked hurt but we would have never reached this situation if he didn't make the choices he did. "Let's go Angel", Wade said and I agreed. He hugged Iris and Lily, thanking her for the invite then opened the door for me.

"I'm sorry about that", I said when we reached my place. "It's ok I promise. I expected it. I told you he was looking at me all weird. He said while removing his clothes. I did the same. We took a bath and then got to bed.

"I like your friends. They seem like cool people", he said making me turn to look at him. I kissed his lips making him pull me closer to him. It was a slow and emotional kiss. It's like we were talking without words, telling each other how much it meant to have one another. It felt so right. "I love you so much Angel and I would give you the world if i could as long as you promise to stay by my side forever", he said making me smile. "I'm not going anywhere", i said then hugged him to sleep.