Chapter 35 - Angel

"Angel... love is not always simple to understand. Most people think that being in a relationship is simple. It's not my love. I've been in your position before. I almost gave up on your father a million times but here we are and I'm happy that I didn't because it would have cost me the love of my life", her words surprised me. I've never heard my parents fight and now I know it's because Mum chose to pick her battles. "You'll find a way to fix this. I'm sure of it", she said, then hugged me.

We called everyone to the table and had breakfast. When we were done I went to the backyard and sat on the loveseat that was there facing the garden. "Angel? Can I join you?", I turned to see Axel standing with a glass of juice. "Sure", I said returning my attention to the garden. "Angel, I know that I keep on disappointing you but I don't do it intentionally. I never expected to find a woman like you. I'm so happy and scared at the same time and I find myself saying stupid things that make you upset. I don't know what's wrong with me", he said making me turn to him. He looked so stressed. I decided to ignore the matter until I meet with Blake since we were leaving in the evening anyway so it could wait until tomorrow.

"Nothing is wrong with you X. You're just human I guess. We all doubt ourselves sometimes. I just need you to trust me, that's all I'm asking", he nod his head. I stood up and then straddled him. He looked worried. "They're helping Alice pack, they won't be down in a while", I said putting his face in my hands. I kissed his lips passionately making him moan into the kiss. His hands settled on my butt and he squeezed lightly. It was my turn to moan.

I pulled back with a smile on my face. "I love you Angel", he said looking me in the eyes. "I love you too Bane", i said making his eyes go a shade darker. "Let's go pack", I suggested and we did.

"Thank you for an amazing Christmas break Esme, Michael", Axel said while hugging Mum. "You're welcome dear, anytime. I hope you'll allow Alice to visit us often", she said nervously. "You don't have to ask Esme. She can come anytime you wish as long as her school schedule allows that is", he assured Mum making her smile go bigger. "Thank you so much. I promise we will take care of her like she's our own... you don't have to worry", she said making me laugh. "I've no doubt Esme. You are her grandparents after all", Axel said shaking Dad's hand. Alice was a bit tearful so we didn't push her much. We had a final group hug then took a photo then we went to board the plane.

They dropped me at my apartment despite Axel trying very hard to convince me otherwise. He even pinned it on our fight. Which was low even for him but it still made me smile. I texted Iris and Lily inviting them for a girls' night. It was way overdue. They seemed excited. I did some cleaning and then made some grilled sandwiches for me and the girls. By the time I was done, Iris was already at my apartment.

"You're glowing. I like how the new year will start for you, Angel. Having an awesome man, a daughter, and glowing... uuuh!", she fanned herself with her hand making me laugh. Lily joined an hour later. She looked rushed and was covered with hickies.

"You will tell us who is responsible for those or we are kicking you out", Iris asked making her give in. "Blake?", she said it like a question making me choke on my wine. "What? Oh, X's friend huh? He's cute. Good choice", Iris said as if her opinion was the deciding factor of Lily's relationship existence. "You're not mad?", she asked looking at me. "Why would I be?", I asked surprised. "I hid it from you", she said nervously. "You had your reasons, now are you ready for the real shocker? Travis Cozwell is my Emily's husband and we spend Christmas lunch together because they're working with Dad on some construction projects... oh! And Titan said he wants me and that he always gets what he wants", the last part got to them.

"What? That's ... a lot", Lily said while Iris remained quiet. "Iris? You're awfully quiet", I called making her turn to us. "I'm sorry I'm trying to weigh our options. Titan does seem like a man that can make you forget which planet you're on and Axel is such a... dad", she said making me furrow my brows. "There are no options here Iris. I love Axel. I'm not leaving him", I declared making her put her hands up in surrender.

Knowing that my friend would think the same as Axel was annoying. "Angel? Did you hear what I just said?", Iris asked making me shake my head. "I'm sorry what?", I asked making her look at me annoyingly. "Did you guys fight again?", Lily asked surprising me. "Yeah... he kinda said the same things Iris did about Titan. It pissed me off so I ended up sleeping in Alice's room", I said sadly making Iris look at me with guilt. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply that he's not enough for you, especially with the trust issues and stuff", she said avoiding my eyes. "It's ok. I know all of this is because of his insecurities, and I plan to speak to Blake about it. If anyone can help me come up with a plan is him", I said and they both nod.

We watched a horror movie and ended up sleeping on the couch together.

I woke up and found Iris snuggling into me with Lily snoring which made me laugh loud enough to wake them both. I made breakfast, we ate while I told them more about Christmas. I always loved the holiday breaks, they gave us time to relax and not think about work. Which was a good thing. There was a knock on the door, when I went to open I found Max and Alice with some grocery bags. "Hi, Angel. We were doing some grocery shopping and decided to buy you some stuff since we were away", Alice said while walking in and kissing my cheek. "Hello Max, welcome", I greeted him since he was too focused on my chest. The man never gives up. "Thank you, Angel. How's your morning?", he said still focused on my chest, and only added a smile. I took the grocery bag from him and left him at the door. "Granny Esme is the best!", I found Alice telling my friends, no doubt she was talking about the trip.