Chapter 22 - Angel

"Axel, we need to talk", Rachel said as we were heading to the entrance. I was so exhausted and even Alice was less chatty. "X, you should talk to her", I said looking him in the eyes and urging him to stop. He released a breath, taking turns looking at me and then at Alice. "Fine, I'll meet you at the car, Leo should be out front", he said looking bored. I pulled him in a kiss just as a panting Rachel and Max approached us. "What's the meaning of this? Why would you hide something like that from me huh?", Rachel shouted making me pull Alice away, she looked terrified and I knew why. "Let's go to the car", she nod and followed me quietly.

"I hate it when they fight", Alice said then sniffed, she was facing the window making it difficult for me to see her face. I turned her to look at me and as I suspected, she was crying. It broke my heart to see her that way. I wiped her tears away and pulled her head to my chest not saying a word. I was about to say something hoping it would lighten the mood when Axel entered the car looking weirdly calm. 

"Why the sad faces?", he asked furrowing his brows. When Alice looked up at him, she smiled and he smiled back pulling me to his chest along with Alice who was on mine. "Group hug!", he shouted squeezing me in the middle. "You're squashing me!", I said making Alice giggle. He was trying to distract her from asking what happened something I knew too well. "I'm starving. Leo, can you take us to a burger joint? I need a burger, you guys feel like stuffing your faces with juicy burgers?", he asked looking at us. "Hell yes!", I said turning to Alice. She lolled her eyes and pretended like she was thinking about it then finally agreed.

"Hi y'all what a nice family you got there, coming from a fancy party?", the waiter asked making us smile at the same time. "Something like that... can you please take a picture of us?", Alice asked and the waiter agreed. "Do you have Instagram? You're underage don't you even think about it", Axel said in panic mode making us laugh. "I'm posting on my WhatsApp status Dad", she said showing her status to him. He looked satisfied then went back to eating his burger. I watched as they chewed and admired the burger the same way, it was like watching twins, so adorable. "Angel? You ok baby? You're unusually quiet", he said looking me in the eyes. "Yes, I'm perfect", I said sipping my milkshake. He reached for my hand across the table making me smile while putting my hand in his. We heard a camera sound and turned to find Alice smiling at us. "Let me see", I asked and she showed me the picture and it was nice. When we were done eating Axel paid then we left.

When we reached my apartment building, I kissed Alice good night before getting out of the car. Axel walked me up, and we had a nice make-out session at my door that almost got out of hand. "I don't want to go", he whispered as his forehead rested on mine. I was still trying to control my breathing. I was feeling so horny all of a sudden and I just couldn't think straight but I knew I had to let him go. Alice needed to rest, she always slept at 9 pm and it was 2 am. "Have a good night Angel. I love you", he said giving me a peck on the lips. It was a genius move, I was not intending on letting him leave. I remained silent, watching him as he entered the elevator, when he turned and found me still breathless, he smiled making his dimples show, it made me wonder if I will ever get over the fact that this amazing man was my boyfriend.

A couple of minutes later I finally had the strength to move from the door and enter my apartment. It was an eventful night that left me speechless. I decided to get myself to bed. I texted Axel good night and fell asleep.

2 Days Later...

"Well good morning girlfriend of the century, how does it feel being the woman every man dreams of?", Iris said the moment she got in the office. Very predictable. "I want me a Knox", Lily shouted from her cube making us laugh. "Honey, we all do. You looked amazing Angel", Iris complemented while Lily nod her head in agreement. Before I could answer them my desk phone rang, "Angel Carwyn", I answered without taking my eyes off my two crazy friends. "Angel my dear, please come to my office", Mr. Monroe said then hung up. "Who was that?", Iris asked curiously, "Mr. Monroe. I bet it's Daren. I don't understand why he can't leave me alone", I answered knowing that it was about Knox Produce. "What makes you think that it's Daren?", Lily asked making me and Iris look at her like 'seriously'. "Lily it's 10 am on a Monday, of course, it's Daren. I hope you're not planning on helping him", Iris said making me smile. "I don't intend to and even if I did there is no way Axel is going to work with him now that he knows Daren's the Ex I was telling him about", I said making her high-five me. "Update her please", I said pointing at Lily who looked lost. "Sure", Iris said with a knowing smile.

Mr. Monroe is a man of few words, and even though we never saw him a lot, when we did it was always a positive encounter. We all loved him and he always treated us like his children. He is an amazing boss which makes me wonder why didn't Daren pick up any of his genes. Well besides the looks of course. Daren looked a lot like his Father. 

When I reached the top floor where Mr. Monroe's office was along with the executive boardrooms I didn't find anyone at the reception. So I went ahead and knocked at his door and waited until I heard a 'come in'. I found him sitting behind his luxurious desk with his glasses on, concentrating on his laptop. Daren was sitting on one of the visitor chairs looking at me.  "Good morning Sir", I greeted him ignoring Daren. "Angel... have a sit my dear", he gestured to the remaining chair.