Chapter 26 - Axel

"Dad it feels weird coming here without Angel. When is she coming back again?", Alice asked as we got in the elevator heading to the gym. "Saturday night, wanna go pick her up at the airport with me?", I asked as I pressed the floor number we were going to. "As much as I would love to, I can't. I promised Mum I'll go have dinner with her and Max", she said while typing furiously on her phone. I still don't know how she can type that fast. "Who are you chatting with all the time?", I asked curiously while trying to get a peak but she pushed me away playfully. "Dad! Privacy please!", she whined looking at me like I was some kind of stalker. I'm her father, I should have the right to see everything. I rolled my eyes and then decided to ignore the situation... For now.

The gym was full for some reason. "Anthony, what's going on?", I said giving him a bro hug. "Nothing much, just good business. I signed a contract with a modeling agency last night so they are here to fill the papers and look around", he said with a huge smile. Anthony was always obsessed with fitness, which is why when he wanted to open a gym in my building I accepted right away. "Waoh!", "Congratulations Uncle Anthony. See you later Dad", Alice said rushing to the locker rooms to change. "She is growing up too fast man", "I know. I'm just happy that I have her now", I said with a smile. "You have a kid?", we turned toward the entrance to see the redhead from the other day. "Yap! My pride and joy", I said hoping she will finally leave me alone. "That's hot", she said walking past us, she swayed her hips seductively as she headed to the aerobics room. "That's trouble man", Anthony said with a warning tone. "What do you mean?", I asked. "Are you that blind? She has been checking you out ever since she gave you her business card despite knowing you're taken. I'm telling you if Angel finds out, I'll help her hide your body and give the saddest 'he was an awesome landlord' speech at your funeral", Anthony said gathering his gear. I couldn't help but laugh. "All this to remain on Iris's good side. Some friend you are", I said heading to the locker room.

I successfully avoided the redhead until she found me at the reception waiting for Alice. I cursed under my breath the moment she sat next to me. "You know, I'm not that bad. You just need to get to know me", she said. I turned to look at her and she has this huge smile that made me smile back. "Look...", "Ouch... my name is Jessy. Not that it mattered OMG!", she said her cheeks turning red. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings but I'm a busy man with a teenage daughter and the most amazing girlfriend. She is not a priority to me. "Look, Jessy. As I said before. I'm not interested besides I h-", "Yet... you're not interested yet", she said looking at my tattoos with lust. "Look lady, it seems you don't understand so let me explain this to you instead. Leave my Dad alone", Alice said out of nowhere. I was shocked and so were other people who were in the reception area. Jessy stood up and ran out of the gym without saying a word. It was embarrassing. I felt bad for her. 

"Huh! I guess I don't have to worry about you two doing something crazily around here. She got it covered... I'm Iris, Angel's BFF, and Anthony's girlfriend", Iris said offering Alice a handshake while Lily looked lost. "Hi, you work at Olympia with her or friends from school?", Alice asked with a huge smile, as if she was not the one who shocked the whole gym a few minutes ago. "From Olympia. This is Lily. The third musketeer", she said then turned to Anthony who was still speechless.

"Remind me not to get on her bad side man", Anthony said the moment I got out of the locker rooms then walked away. I found the girls at the cafe. They had ordered for me too already. I ended up being the photographer for the evening. Something about making Angel jealous. I was just happy that Alice had people in her life. I know all this is happening because of Angel. She is just amazing and all I see are positives since I met her.

"It was nice meeting you both. I had so much fun tonight... not that I don't with you Dad, you're awesome too", Alice said while holding onto my hand. It made me smile. We went to the car and drove home.

All the way back she was on the phone and giggling. It was really eating me up. I waited until we got inside the house and snatched her phone, I thought I would see Jamie's name but it was 'Granny Esme' instead. Who the hell is Granny Esme? "Whose this?", I asked right after she snatched the phone away. "Dad stop being a stalker. What's wrong with you?", she said rushing to her room. I was not going to stay in the dark. "I asked you a question Alice", I said with my scolding voice. It always scared her. "It's Angel's mum and before you say anything, I asked Angel for permission and she said yes and gave me her mum's number so we've been talking. It's just normal stuff and I haven't talked about you. She usually just tells me stories from when she was a teenager. She is a very nice lady. She even made me pick a room so that she can redecorate it for when we go visit. Can we go?", she rambled with so much excitement, I couldn't burst her bubble, she looked so happy. "If Angel is ok with it then I am too. About the other thing. Let me sleep on it", I kissed her forehead and then went to my room.

Me: Guess what I found out today😏

My👼🏾: That you can't live without me?

Me: That's obvious.

Me: Try harder.

My👼🏾: 🤔🤔

My👼🏾: 🤷🏾‍♀️

Me: You're no help at all 🤦🏻‍♂️

My👼🏾: I'm sorry, can't you just tell me? 😫

Me: Fine... since you begged 😈

Me: Did you know that your Mum is chatting with Alice?

Me: Like ALL THE TIME!

My👼🏾: I lost that battle ages ago. I think you should give up too.

Me: What was the point of full custody then ???😡😡

My👼🏾: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

My👼🏾: Sorry handsome.

Me: 😒😒