65TH FABLE: ENGLISH

"The Fable of Lightning"

Once upon a time, in a lush green meadow, there was a proud and mighty lightning bolt named Leo. Leo possessed the ability to light up the darkest skies and fill the world with awe-inspiring flashes of light. With each crackle and boom, he reveled in his power, believing he was invincible.

Leo would streak across the heavens, dancing amidst the clouds, casting a brilliant glow on the earth below. The animals of the meadow marveled at his dazzling display, believing him to be the epitome of strength and beauty. They looked up to him with admiration, yearning for even a fraction of his power.

However, Leo had a flaw that he failed to recognize. In his arrogance, he considered himself superior to others, often disregarding their feelings and needs. He saw himself as the center of attention, caring little for the impact his actions had on those around him.

One day, a gentle and humble flower named Lily grew tired of Leo's indifference. She summoned the courage to confront him, determined to teach him a valuable lesson. As Leo approached, illuminating the meadow with his brilliance, Lily stood tall, unwavering in her resolve.

"Leo," Lily spoke softly, "you possess incredible strength, but true power lies in how we use it. Your lightning may dazzle and amaze, but it also brings fear and destruction to the meadow. Have you ever considered the consequences of your actions?"

Leo scoffed, dismissing Lily's words. "Why should I care about the consequences? I am the lightning, the symbol of power and might. No one can question my authority."

Undeterred by Leo's arrogance, Lily continued, "Leo, power without responsibility is nothing but a hollow display. Look at the animals cowering in fear, the trees that tremble at your approach. They long for a respite from the chaos you unleash. True strength lies in using your power to bring light and hope, not fear and destruction."

Leo fell silent, his radiant glow dimming as Lily's words sank in. He realized the truth in her words and felt a deep pang of regret for his thoughtless actions. He had been so consumed by his own power that he had forgotten the importance of empathy and compassion.

From that day forward, Leo resolved to change his ways. He made a solemn vow to use his lightning to bring illumination, safety, and joy to the meadow. He sought to be a guiding light, bringing harmony to all who inhabited the land.

As Leo transformed, the animals of the meadow noticed the change. They no longer cowered in fear but welcomed his presence with open hearts. Leo became their protector, using his lightning to guide lost travelers, warn of impending dangers, and nurture the growth of the meadow's flora.

The meadow thrived under Leo's newfound wisdom. The animals and plants flourished, living in harmony and gratitude for Leo's benevolence. They realized that true power lies not in dominance or intimidation, but in using one's abilities to uplift and nurture others.

And so, the fable of Leo, the lightning bolt, spread throughout the meadow and beyond, teaching all who heard it the importance of using power responsibly and with compassion. It reminded them that true strength is not measured by grand displays, but by the positive impact one leaves behind.