114TH FABLE: ENGLISH

"The Sponge and the Starfish"

Once upon a time, in a vibrant coral reef beneath the sparkling blue sea, there lived a humble sponge named Sammy and a graceful starfish named Stella. Sammy was a hardworking sponge who spent his days filtering water and providing shelter for small sea creatures. On the other hand, Stella was known for her dazzling beauty and graceful movements as she glided through the ocean currents.

One sunny day, a terrible storm swept through the reef, wreaking havoc on their peaceful home. The strong currents tossed Sammy and Stella in different directions, leaving them stranded and separated from each other.

As Sammy struggled to find a safe place to anchor himself, he noticed a group of frightened fish desperately seeking refuge. Without hesitation, Sammy stretched himself out, creating a secure nook where the fish could find shelter. Despite his own exhaustion and vulnerability, Sammy absorbed the fear and uncertainty of the fish, providing them comfort and protection.

Meanwhile, Stella found herself stuck on a rocky ledge, unable to free herself. She was known for her beauty but had never faced such a challenge before. Frustrated and helpless, she cried out for help.

Hearing Stella's plea, Sammy, who was not too far away, mustered all his strength and wriggled his way towards her. With his absorbent body, he soaked up the water around Stella, creating a lubricating layer that allowed her to slide off the ledge and back into the safety of the ocean.

Grateful and humbled by Sammy's selflessness, Stella thanked him for his heroic act. She realized that beauty alone could not solve problems and that true strength and resilience come from within. Sammy, in turn, appreciated Stella's gratitude and acknowledged that her elegance and grace were gifts that could inspire others.

From that day forward, Sammy and Stella became inseparable friends, complementing each other's strengths and weaknesses. Sammy's sponge-like nature reminded Stella of the importance of empathy, compassion, and selflessness, while Stella's graceful movements inspired Sammy to embrace his own uniqueness and believe in his capabilities.

Their friendship touched the hearts of other sea creatures in the reef, who witnessed the transformative power of teamwork and the beauty that lies in embracing diversity. Inspired by Sammy and Stella's example, the reef flourished with harmony and cooperation.

And so, the fable of the sponge and the starfish reminds us that true strength is not measured by appearance alone, but by the depth of our compassion and the willingness to lend a helping hand. By embracing our unique qualities and supporting one another, we can create a world where kindness and unity reign, just like the vibrant coral reef where Sammy and Stella found their friendship.