66TH FABLE: ENGLISH

"The Fable of an Earthquake"

Once upon a time, in a land nestled between towering mountains, there lived a wise and gentle mountain named Monty. Monty was known for his wisdom and the calming presence he brought to the surrounding valleys. The animals and plants in the land looked up to Monty and sought his guidance in times of need.

In the same land, there was a mischievous and unpredictable force of nature known as Quake. Quake had the power to shake the earth and create havoc wherever it went. Quake took pleasure in causing disruptions and reveled in the fear it instilled in the hearts of the inhabitants.

One day, Quake decided to pay Monty a visit. It traveled through the land, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. When it arrived at Monty's majestic peak, it unleashed its might and shook the ground vigorously.

Monty, however, remained calm and unmoved. He knew the importance of balance and harmony in the world. With a deep and resonating voice, Monty spoke, "Oh, Quake, why do you bring chaos and fear to the land? There is power in your movements, but with great power comes great responsibility. Your actions affect not only the physical world but also the lives of those who call it home."

Quake, intrigued by Monty's wisdom, paused for a moment and replied, "I have never considered the consequences of my actions. I thought my strength defined me and brought me power. But now I see the impact I have on others."

Monty continued, "Dear Quake, the force of nature can be both awe-inspiring and devastating. It is not the magnitude of your power that matters, but how you use it. You have the ability to shape the land, but with that ability comes a duty to protect and preserve it."

Realizing the truth in Monty's words, Quake vowed to change its ways. It recognized the need to use its power responsibly and consider the well-being of the land and its inhabitants. From that day forward, Quake approached its movements with caution and mindfulness.

Instead of causing widespread destruction, Quake began to release its energy in controlled bursts, ensuring that it didn't harm the delicate balance of the land. It became a force that helped reshape the terrain, create new valleys, and even bring forth natural resources that benefited the inhabitants.

The land and its creatures witnessed this transformation and learned an important lesson. They understood that even the most powerful forces of nature could change and grow. They realized the importance of respecting the forces around them and living in harmony with the world they called home.

The tale of Monty and Quake spread far and wide, reminding all who heard it of the lesson learned. It taught them that power, whether in nature or within ourselves, should be used responsibly and with consideration for others. It emphasized the significance of balance, harmony, and the understanding that even the strongest forces can choose kindness and gentleness over chaos and destruction.